213 - The Hard Way (1 Viewer)

leathaface

213 was formed by Snoop Dogg, Warren G (Regulators), Nate Dogg (Never Leave Me Alone) back before they were famous... I believe that 213 meant the 3 guys from 21st Street (where they always claim they gang was at).

After multiplatinum successes, Nate, Snoop and Warren returns and dropped the Hard Way... I love this album and its the current album I'm listening to, Nate Dogg outshines the others on this album. Anyone got this album? Its much better then much of the hip hop shit that's out on the radio now... speaking of radio... how is Groupie Luv on the radio? Is it getting love on the radio?

Discuss 213... or discuss... whether these guys are better off as a group or as solo artists?

Reshie

LilRed Spikey Haired Man
HSC
thats soo stoopid they should have stayed as solo artists..specially nate dogg...but warren G is like half the time releases crap music

reno2004

Retired Member - 1/12/04
HSC
N/A
I havent heard Groupie Luv on radio yet in Oz, but in the US it gets heaps of air time. Nate Dogg is the best of the three. Snoop Dogg is just ridiculous now, he makes more party hits than proper rap. Warren G, well its good to hear him again, its been quite a while since his last album.

CharlieB

?uestlove
HSC
leathaface said:
.......I believe that 213 meant the 3 guys from 21st Street (where they always claim they gang was at).
213 is The area code for central Los Angeles, namely downtown LA and surrounding cities. Long beach, watts etc

w1ck3d_c10wn

HSC
213 was also the aparetment number of the serial killer Jeffery Dahmer, the name of a Slayer song based on said serial killer, and i believe its some police radio code for something. your right about the area code thing too ;)

haha snoop dogg is by FAR the most talented of the lot

CharlieB

?uestlove
HSC
w1ck3d_c10wn said:
.........and i believe its some police radio code for something. your right about the area code thing too ;)
the famous police radio code is '187'. the code for homicide.

funniboi

HSC
i reckon it was a good idea for them 3 to join up again,

it'll get them some attention, and shit -- and bring them back up,

cause they've dropped heaps, comparing old school trax to their new ones.

=)

HSC
this albums shit, snoops washed up, warren g can't seem to bring out any decent shit, im gettin sick of nate dogg, jazze phae puts him to shame, u should hear jaz on 'lets get away' by T.I but i dont think anybody who listens to the radio would hear that because all they play is sell out rap like ja rule and all that girly pop shit

time to get into some REAL hip hop albums instead of 'the hard way'

and yes 213 is named that because of the area code they grew up in...not jeffery dahmar and not 21st street lol

get jay-z's old albums, nas's 'illmatic' or any album by the roots and listen to some REAL music

masteraal

well i think its a mad cd....i love it :)

haha...I need a bitch...funny song..lol

3 of the best artists combined into one group..cant get any better...then again there are a lot of ppl in my "best artist" category

LOL

HSC
i just got a 3 cd set of the roots 'unreleased, rarities and remixes and live performances' its sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good. Undoubtebly one of the best and most creative rap groups/bands ever. I'd kill to see them live

illmatic

NaS
HSC
hiphophorray123 said:
this albums shit, snoops washed up, warren g can't seem to bring out any decent shit, im gettin sick of nate dogg, jazze phae puts him to shame, u should hear jaz on 'lets get away' by T.I but i dont think anybody who listens to the radio would hear that because all they play is sell out rap like ja rule and all that girly pop shit

time to get into some REAL hip hop albums instead of 'the hard way'

and yes 213 is named that because of the area code they grew up in...not jeffery dahmar and not 21st street lol

get jay-z's old albums, nas's 'illmatic' or any album by the roots and listen to some REAL music

You can't dance to Illmatic - that's why people like Ja Rule and Chingy exist - to make club music.
And there you go again bringing up T.I, bringing up irrelevant facts..

hiphophorray123 said:
i just got a 3 cd set of the roots 'unreleased, rarities and remixes and live performances' its sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good. Undoubtebly one of the best and most creative rap groups/bands ever. I'd kill to see them live
this is about 213, not the roots lol.. Again you're bringing up random shit.

But i do agree. This could have been a killer album with these 3 togethor, but as usual it fucks up. It's crap crap crap crap... Music belongs on the dance floor i suppose

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
illmatic said:
this is about 213, not the roots lol.. Again you're bringing up random shit.
no its not - HHH mentioned the roots, i quoted him agreeing with him, and he then mentioned the cd he had recently bought.

HSC
breaking agreed with a 'roots' comment i made ages ago, i was telling HIM, i wasn't saying random shit idiot.

as i told you i got off on tangents just like word association....nate dogg....jazze phae....T.I.

and i never said you can dance to illmatic??? :S

putting words in someones mouth (or um well the internet related version of that saying) is just as bad as saying random shit :p

Last edited:

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
i downloaded this album ages ago and it was a fukn waste of time i liked one song and i cant even remember it now...was this album a failure in the US? im guessing it wud have been

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)