25% HECS increase starting 2006 (1 Viewer)

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
theone123 said:
it will affect you either way, of not transfering or still transfering, as you commence university studies on HECS-HELP as of 2005.
argh. for some reason i read that as NOT affecting students in 2005. my bad.
so the hecs is gonna increase again.
the shock. the horror.

L

LaraB

hehe sounds good 4 me as the rises wont be applicable to me so i'll get the benefits without paying extra lol :p

might make upf or the lack of union raised projects and facilities if that goes ahead...

j_davo24

HSC
Do they think they are the government or something? Get everyone in with lower fees, and then bump them up by 25% the year after? Doesn't bother me I'll still pay it, but it's a bit of a scam isn't it? They should've just put them up this year when everyone else did. Then maybe they wouldn't have had to do cut courses and stuff. Oh well.

klh

HSC
no, no, the rises are applcable to every student, including this years except "pre-2005"-ers that menas students that started uni before 2005. 2005ers and up will feel the brunt of these fees while we (that is to say pre2005ers) pay old hecs rates.
yes it sucks but can you put a price on education? and when does it stop? also they really need to get rid of some lecturers who cant be understood or are too 'wtf is he/she on about' type lecturers, it may mean students get less education for what they pay for.
haha i like how you describe it as a scam: promise that they will not raise fees then boom! Why didnt they raise it by less than 25% like 20, 15 or 10? make it less negative. i remember one of those simpson eps when lisa is president and needs to implement a tax rise but calls it something with a 'refund' and poeple (moe) signify their happiness.

Last edited:
L

LaraB

klh said:
no, no, the rises are applcable to every student, including this years except "pre-2005"-ers that menas students that started uni before 2005. 2005ers and up will feel the brunt of these fees while we (that is to say pre2005ers) pay old hecs rates.
yes it sucks but can you put a price on education? and when does it stop? also they really need to get rid of some lecturers who cant be understood or are too 'wtf is he/she on about' type lecturers, it may mean students get less education for what they pay for.
haha i like how you describe it as a scam: promise that they will not raise fees then boom! Why didnt they raise it by less than 25% like 20, 15 or 10? make it less negative. i remember one of those simpson eps when lisa is president and needs to implement a tax rise but calls it something with a 'refund' and poeple (moe) signify their happiness.

yeah i think includinbg 2005 people is the biggest load of shit..

i mean, they shouldnt be able to just whack on extra costs after we've started

that's just so horrible for the people who are genuinely struggling pay check to pay check to make ends meet as it is and keep up uni..like far out its so ridiculous not to ention that it isnt just the amount that increases - those of us deferring are now havin 2 pay extra interest and all that stuff

grr...its so immoral..they should start it rom 2006 entries and actually TELL THEM! before rathe rthan adding stupid costs afterwards

klh

HSC
UWs administration is under alot of pressure so them implmenting their plans are soemtimes quite 'unpredictable' to say the least. i think it would have been best if maybe the SA didnt go and protest uws in the first place so that new students knew what they were getting into. i mean some of the reasons why students did take up offers at uws was that it didnt raise its fees among other factors. (SA is student assoc. not the hitler army thingy)
actually its because of the government policy that 2005 students also are affected, allowing unis to up the fees whenever they want. well its both a curse and a curse. oh wait i mean a blah...

L

LaraB

klh said:
UWs administration is under alot of pressure so them implmenting their plans are soemtimes quite 'unpredictable' to say the least. i think it would have been best if maybe the SA didnt go and protest uws in the first place so that new students knew what they were getting into. i mean some of the reasons why students did take up offers at uws was that it didnt raise its fees among other factors. (SA is student assoc. not the hitler army thingy)
actually its because of the government policy that 2005 students also are affected, allowing unis to up the fees whenever they want. well its both a curse and a curse. oh wait i mean a blah...
i agree about it not being the unis fault and a necessity to raise fees..

but i think its ridiculous that the gov is enforcing/allowing it to include 2005 students as we had already been enroled before the decisiuon was made - why then should we be charged more than 2004 or 2003 people coz we were all enrolled before the decision and will all be here when the rise takes effect...

it should just start from 2006 as that make so much more sense!

ally15

Beep.
HSC
wait....so does this increase affect EVERYONE or JUST the ppl who are starting uni in 2006?

L

LaraB

ally15 said:
wait....so does this increase affect EVERYONE or JUST the ppl who are starting uni in 2006?
way i read it it starts from people starting in 2005 onwards

so 2005, 2006, 2007 etc etc

ally15

Beep.
HSC
ah cripes...money doesnt grow on trees u know!! *shakes fist at stupid politician*

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
ally15 said:
ah cripes...money doesnt grow on trees u know!! *shakes fist at stupid politician*
It's not the pollies fault its the uni's, the govt only allowed them to increase in response to pressure from unis asking to be allowed to charge more

L

LaraB

Korn said:
It's not the pollies fault its the uni's, the govt only allowed them to increase in response to pressure from unis asking to be allowed to charge more
yeah i know - but i thought that it was gov policy that a;llowed it to include 2005 1st yrs?

coz like..if gov policy didnt allow it they couldnt do it...so i blame the gov lol:p

L

LaraB

theone123 said:
ask yourselfs why you's vote for johnny howard.
lol exactly! clever people didnt lol

i dont understand how you could b a hecs uni student and wanna vote for howard...

lol dont ever tell JonathanA that tho - he's like an ultra liberal...which is kinda scary that a smart guy could get so sucked in lol :) jk

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
theone123 said:
ask yourselfs why you's vote for johnny howard.
If its anything, I didn't ... damn, Jon A is going to kill us for being anti - liberal :p

L

LaraB

Cape said:
If its anything, I didn't ... damn, Jon A is going to kill us for being anti - liberal :p
lol dw - im in his torts class, he always starts 'discussions' about the greatness of howard lol

poor dillusional guy:p

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
LaraB said:
lol dw - im in his torts class, he always starts 'discussions' about the greatness of howard lol

poor dillusional guy:p
lol. I'm sure hes not that bad. But we are all slightly dillusional :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)