• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

261 cheating students in the 2004 Extension 2 cohort caught out (3 Viewers)

drewgcn

postpantsism
HSC
Considering there would be some cheating students that haven't been caught, thats abhorrent! Only 2439 students even did EE2 last year, thats already about 11% of students. Particularly since, having paid a tutor to do this subject, the mark received would have probably been one of the higher ones...

Im reconsidering choosing EE2 next term hearing that.

black_man

Chuck lives here
HSC
it sounds very sad that some would go to such lengths. i feel theres a real connection with a major work purely due to the fact that it is our sort of brainchild. i guess it's very hard to reprimand those who did cheat. Maybe one of the outcomes of this might mean they begin to look much more strenuously through our journals, so i think we all need to make sure our journals are very much unique and closely related to our major work. Hopefully that way it might seem those who still look to cheat may have somewhat of a glaring journal, and hopefully be found out.

sorry, i'm being very very idealistic

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
LMF^^ said:
I used my friendz previouz assignment from befo and modified it.

It's not worth sueing u.. not that we can

but do u realise u've cheated ur freind... even though they may have not minded.. but really u've cheated urself and the so called friend....

I would never steal from a friend.. because that's what u did.. although u may not realise it... but that's the truth...

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
physician said:
It's not worth sueing u.. not that we can

but do u realise u've cheated ur freind... even though they may have not minded.. but really u've cheated urself and the so called friend....

I would never steal from a friend.. because that's what u did.. although u may not realise it... but that's the truth...
Well when I hand over essays to friends I expect they will use some aspect of it as their own... even if it isn't deliberate. The whole point is to get ideas, you'd have to be a bit naive to think that your work won't show up in theirs.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Aren't there official exemplarz each yr anyway...? Well I copied the stylez of all the band 6 essayz I've read, I don't consider that to be cheatin.

physician

HSC
I cheated, sue me.

I used my friendz previouz assignment from befo and modified it.

Aren't there official exemplarz each yr anyway...? Well I copied the stylez of all the band 6 essayz I've read, I don't consider that to be cheatin.
hmm something doesn't quite add up...

Infinite Q... the situation u described was completely different to that of LMF^^,

If i was to hand over an essay to a freind i'd expect they read over it... get the main ideas.. and then come up with their own response without having to "modify" it... and without even having to refer back to it.. merely as a simple read... the same way u would read the exempler essays to get an overview of what a band 6 response is like...

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
physician said:
hmm something doesn't quite add up...

Infinite Q... the situation u described was completely different to that of LMF^^,

If i was to hand over an essay to a freind i'd expect they read over it... get the main ideas.. and then come up with their own response without having to "modify" it... and without even having to refer back to it.. merely as a simple read... the same way u would read the exempler essays to get an overview of what a band 6 response is like...
Well we don't know what degree of modification he performed ... I'd rather give him the benefit of the doubt. I just don't see why everyone else gets so cut about other people cheating... do the best you can & you'll get rewarded for your efforts. Having a whinge isn't going to change anything... there will always be cheaters in the system. Like people don't cheat in uni exams... during our midsession a guy copied all the answers from his neighbour (a good friend of his who studied for it) with a few guesses for answers he couldn't make out... ended up doing better than his mate. I can't imagine how poor his mate felt. Life's a bitch... whining won't change that.

physician

HSC
InfiniteQ said:
...Having a whinge isn't going to change anything... Life's a bitch...
umm... if find it ironic because by u saying that ur actually whinging about life...and No ur not stating facts.. because life is what u make it to be.. and depending on the choices u make and the attitude u have life could be so much better..

anyways... yes!.. people do cheat and yeh ur right ppl shoudn't get cut... i personally don't because i know there's a punishment waiting for them around the corner if not in this life then in the next... so personally i couldn't care less...

but on the other hand.. the reason ppl feel cut is because they put in the effort and hard work.... and could have been beaten by a "cheat" who put minimal effort or no effort at all...

anyways... i didn't mean to attack u if that's what it seemed like i was doing...

anyways the only reason i commented is because LMF^^ proposed they cheated ...i didn't.. LMF^^ DID

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
physician said:
umm... if find it ironic because by u saying that ur actually whinging about life...and No ur not stating facts.. because life is what u make it to be.. and depending on the choices u make and the attitude u have life could be so much better..

anyways... yes!.. people do cheat and yeh ur right ppl shoudn't get cut... i personally don't because i know there's a punishment waiting for them around the corner if not in this life then in the next... so personally i couldn't care less...

but on the other hand.. the reason ppl feel cut is because they put in the effort and hard work.... and could have been beaten by a "cheat" who put minimal effort or no effort at all...

anyways... i didn't mean to attack u if that's what it seemed like i was doing...

anyways the only reason i commented is because LMF^^ proposed they cheated ...i didn't.. LMF^^ DID
I think you're making a connection where one doesn't exist. Having a whinge about people cheating is not going to change anything... life's tough. That doesn't equate to whining about life at all now, does it?

I understand why people feel cut, nothing wrong with it but there have been numerous proposals made in this thread like "they should have to repeat the HSC, or english"... like you said their actions will come back & bite them later on so people should stop worrying about these "cheaters" and focus on themselves.

Yeah I understand what you were doing ... but I guess one thing led to another & before you know it we were having a debate re: life :p

It's all good.

physician

HSC
InfiniteQ said:
I think you're making a connection where one doesn't exist. Having a whinge about people cheating is not going to change anything... life's tough. That doesn't equate to whining about life at all now, does it?

I understand why people feel cut, nothing wrong with it but there have been numerous proposals made in this thread like "they should have to repeat the HSC, or english"... like you said their actions will come back & bite them later on so people should stop worrying about these "cheaters" and focus on themselves.

Yeah I understand what you were doing ... but I guess one thing led to another & before you know it we were having a debate re: life :p

It's all good.
lol.. can't argue there.. u made a good pt...

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
I even cheated in an assessment at uni, wrote down all the formulaz on my hand befo a QMA quiz, and the tutor didn't care, and he even hinted to the whole class about the last question when he saw my answer waz wron.

Ah lifez good. :D

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
LMF^^ said:
I even cheated in an assessment at uni, wrote down all the formulaz on my hand befo a QMA quiz, and the tutor didn't care, and he even hinted to the whole class about the last question when he saw my answer waz wron.

Ah lifez good. :D
I always end up with the lecturer in charge as my tutor cos they take night classes... sucks cos the younger ones give out all the tips & hints... even answers.

FinalFantasy

HSC
o well, at least this news would threaten students who intend to cheat in year 2005!:)

CrashOveride

HSC
Tutors give you answers? I suppose you don't find that intellectually insulting.

Assuming they can track these kids down who cheated, I'd say they have to repeat the subject and have "cheated in HSC" on some sort of offical record ^^

J

jhakka

InfiniteQ said:
Perhaps but what he's saying holds true for thousands.
Yeah, I know. I was just pointing out that in a forum situation, there's no point getting worked up about what he may or may not be doing personally.

EDIT: And on the note of using other peoples' essays, etc as a base for your own arguments, I suppose the BOS resources section is a bit of encouragment for that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)