2nd year subjects in 1st year for Arts Advanced (1 Viewer)

HSC
Did any BOSers do a 2nd year course in their first year as part of the arts advanced course? And did you find that you were disadvantaged by not having the extra year of uni history?

howdelightful

HSC
Are you thinking of doing and 2nd year subjects in 1st year, Silver? I think we're the only first year Arts Adv. people on the board. I'm thinking of just doing one 2nd year english unit in 2nd semester, not sure about anything else.

shelley

trouble maker
HSC
Hey guys,

You cant do an advanced subject first semester in so you do get a chance to meet people who may be in some of you other courses and stuff.

I found it was better becuase you a) get more choice and b) it stops you getting bored, if you though cant find a second year course you wish to do then id say stick with first years courses!

the_dilemma

HSC
howdelightful said:
Are you thinking of doing and 2nd year subjects in 1st year, Silver? I think we're the only first year Arts Adv. people on the board. I'm thinking of just doing one 2nd year english unit in 2nd semester, not sure about anything else.
I'm also doing Arts Adv. this year. I'm also confused about doing second year subjects in first year. I still need another subject which is being filled with Narratives of Romance and Adventure (which sounds boring) at the moment.

the_dilemma

HSC
Apparently first year arts (adv.) students can do second year subjects in second semester with a waiver signed by Glenda Sluga.

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
the_dilemma said:
Apparently first year arts (adv.) students can do second year subjects in second semester with a waiver signed by Glenda Sluga.
But don't they have to be from a list of designated 2nd year subjects? Like, you can't just choose any old 2nd year sub, right?

Shaking Paper

HSC
I'm doing B Arts, not advanced, but I have a question, i'm going through my units making changes and getting frustrated by how many units that I want to do say, in the handbook, "this unit is available as a designated 'Advanced' unit to students enrolled in the BA (Advanced) degree program", does this mean that the only way that I can do these units (eg. Modern Japan and Social History) is to try to transfer into the Advanced degree at the end of this year?

HSC
Im 99% sure Arts ppl can do designated advanced courses, because there are only (i think) 20ish people who do advanced - not enough to fill a subject.

niteshade1312

HSC
I just posted about Mind and Morality. The only pre- requisite for PHIL2605 is that you have done 12 junior units and because I have existing pts, I theoretically have done 12.. SOOO COnfused!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)