2u/3u maths textbook (1 Viewer)

emotionalbaka

HSC
Hello everyone!

I am in Year 11 this year and I still have no idea what textbook I'm using at school for 2u and 3u math. I asked the head teacher for math what textbook the school will be using for year 11 and she said that since the syllabus is changing, they had to look at sample pages of different textbooks to see which one is the best. She said that the department is leaning towards cambridge. So, what should I do? Should I just wait until she confirms the textbook or should I buy the cambridge textbook for the new syllabus? I am getting a bit worried as other schools have already confirmed what textbook they're using and considering that there is 2 weeks left until school and still no confirmation.

Thanks!

Ebubble

HSC
I am in Year 11 too. I reckon they're using Cambridge as well, but it's better safe than sorry. Just wait. Or maybe, if you buy them, you can always return them right? And if you are purchasing instore as opposed to online, you can always purchase the weekend of week 1.

Sent from my MIX using Tapatalk

c8

HSC
even if you do buy one textbook and your school decides to use another it doesnt hurt to have two different textbooks as you will be exposed to a range of different question types between the two

kiaski

HSC
Hello!

I believe that you should consider Maths in Focus Mathematics Extension 1 Year 1 (2018).

They have graded exercises are linked to worked examples and include multiple-choice questions, HSC-style questions and realistic applications and have content specifically highlighted practice papers, syllabus grid and codes, glossary, answers and index included.

Contents
1. Algebraic techniques
2. Equations and inequalities
3. Statistics
4. Trigonometry
5. Functions 1
6. Probability
7. Functions 2
8. Introduction to calculus
9. Further functions
10. The exponential and logarithmic functions
11. Sequences and series
12. The trigonometric functions
13. Discrete random variables and the binomial distribution
14. Matrices

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
The earlier editions maths on focus did not adequately prepare students for HSC exams.I suspect this is the case with the new syllabus edition too.

Cambridge is a good textbook so maybe get that one as a primary resource.

emotionalbaka

HSC
Ohh, I heard from some people and teachers that maths in focus is apparently too simple. Are there any textbooks besides Cambridge that are good and not contain too many easy questions?

emotionalbaka

HSC
Ohh, I heard from some people and teachers that maths in focus is apparently too simple. Are there any textbooks besides Cambridge that are good and not contain too many easy questions?

somerandomperson

HSC
We're supposed to be getting cambridge but they haven't finalised it yet and will do so in March. The coordinator of Maths for me kinda winged to them and they sent the first four chapters to us since they are the finalised chapters.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Fitzpatrick is alright.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)