2U Economics by Correspondence. (Sydney Distance Ed High) (1 Viewer)

DforDANNY

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey all, haven't checked in in a while.

Just wondering if anyones been forced to do economics by distance education. Is it worth the hassle, are there any major setbacks, are there any teachers assisting / peers from older grades/other schools, etc.

It'd be nice to get an answer. :)

EDIT: Is anyone doing distance education, or a single course by correspondence at all? comments on that, i've only got today to decide, and the reason i'm hesitant is that the course requires a down payment of 80 dollars, which is a waste if i would drop it in a week or two,

Last edited:

bouncingfire

HSC
Im currently doing 2U Eco via SDEHS, they pissed farted around for the last 2 months and i only received the the work a couple of days ago, Because of this i have to catch up the 5 weeks i missed out.

I am currently on the 2nd booklet and iam doing ok, at the moment i find it quite interesting but i have been told it will dry out and get harder soon.

bouncingfire

HSC
that would great, might stumble on something. How are you finding it?

HSC
well its easy if you can keep up. i do title pages, so it is mainly one t.p. per week and if i drop below that i need to put more effort in. that is my standard.
I also have an economics teacher that gives me a period a week, that is probably the reason that i have gone well it the subject so far.

Prelim course doesn't have much content overlap with HSC course.
basic concepts and terminology are what you should pay attention to in prelim.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
Prelim course doesn't have much content overlap with HSC course.
basic concepts and terminology are what you should pay attention to in prelim.
Yep. That'd be about right.

dragondilesh

HSC
Yea, I do econ my distance

I admit, it can be very challenging to keep your self on task but its possible.

ensure that u have a excellent relation with ur school's HSIE teachers to help u out with essays!. esp in exam period.

try to get the school to buy both the textbooks if possible,

dixon and riley, the DET modules are good, but its good to have the text book when ur studying.

good luck and feel free to send me a message on it!

*Jezzza

HSC
Uni Grad
I also do distance ed economics, it's alright if you plan out your time properly and don't get a massive back log of "need to do" title pages. Also, try to get any of your school's economics teachers to help you especially with essays. It's also good to use lots of different sources like my distance school uses Dixon by my school school uses Riley so I can look at both.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)