2U Maths Exam Thoughts (1 Viewer)

Thatstudentm9

HSC
There were some questions with 3u difficulty e.g the dice question and the max min involving implicit Differentiation

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

red152

HSC
There were several interesting questions for sure. In the last part my working was too messy so I gave up and decided it would be better to check my other answers. I’m hoping for a mark of 95+ but I’m not feeling so good. A solid paper overall.

OkDen

HSC
Uni Grad
There were several interesting questions for sure. In the last part my working was too messy so I gave up and decided it would be better to check my other answers. I’m hoping for a mark of 95+ but I’m not feeling so good. A solid paper overall.
Mr. Stark, I don't feel so good...

franktheman

HSC
The 2u paper was not bad, only downside was q16.

Best case scenario is 90+, but the probability question and dv/d theta was definitely 3u level, I struggled with them.

HoldingOn

HSC
Thinking I got around 96,97 what would that align to?

For shoe multi it was 1/7 right?

Also for the max min was I like the only person who equated the curved surface area of the cone and the sector area of the circle to find theta lol there must have been an easier way

Last edited:

cherryboi

HSC
What do u guys think is going to be the cut-off this year for band 6?

FieryFX

HSC
i did the same thing and thought majority of the state wasnt gonna do this

FieryFX

HSC
Thinking I got around 96,97 what would that align to?

For shoe multi it was 1/7 right?

Also for the max min was I like the only person who equated the curved surface area of the cone and the sector area of the circle to find theta lol there must have been an easier way
yeah i did the same thing. feel like the majority of 2u students didnt though

HoldingOn

HSC
yeah i did the same thing. feel like the majority of 2u students didnt though
Yeah I was like what isn't this 2U.

Re cutoff it was definitely harder than 2016 and 2017 so I'm thinking low 80s for b6 cutoff.

lovelife_pal

HSC
Please tell me someone got π/5 something for theta in q16. Also someone please tell me how to do the MC with the parabola dish thingy and the number of downloads one???

franktheman

HSC
Ah. Can help on the parabola, can't do theta though.

x2=4ay is the parabola formula.
Sub in x=12, y=4, and your a value has to be 9.

franktheman

HSC
Please tell me someone got π/5 something for theta in q16. Also someone please tell me how to do the MC with the parabola dish thingy and the number of downloads one???
Downloads. You had to split it into a geo series (2^n) and an arithmetic series (n). At the end, you yeet both of them together (sum to 20 terms), leaving with 2 billion ish downloads total.

Last edited:

OkDen

HSC
Uni Grad
Downloads one was very smart. You had to split it into a geo series (2^n) and an arithmetic series (n). At the end, you yeet both of them together (sum to 20 terms), leaving with 2 billion ish downloads total.
The sum total was 2 097 360.

Robrules3

HSC
Downloads one was very smart. You had to split it into a geo series (2^n) and an arithmetic series (n). At the end, you yeet both of them together (sum to 20 terms), leaving with 2 billion ish downloads total.
LOL I just did it manually by adding the 20 terms

whatafeeling

HSC
Ugh I am the only one who thought that was pretty hard, I don’t do any other math except 2U, and I did a lot of past papers but I feel like I f’ed this one up real bad >~<

I feel like no matter how much more I could’ve studied, I wouldn’t have done better anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HoldingOn

HSC
Wait really?
TBH test wasn't too bad, just q16 was annoying
I was assuming cutoff for b6 would be high 80s (maybe 88, 89?). B6 level would be like losing 5 marks from q16 (I'm looking at you dice game) and a stack of 5-7 marks from mistakes/errors throughout the paper. I felt b6 would be more high 80s, maybe even low 90s.
Look at raw marks.org never in recent history has requirement b6 been higher than 88. I'm thinking our paper was much harder than 2014 and the last couple of years

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)