2u MATHS WAS EASY! (1 Viewer)

skyrockets1530

Member++
HSC
Carnivour said:
Haha, what? Do your maths kid, he's expecting ~92%

That test was really easy; straightforward bookwork - ofcourse with the exception of question 10 - I'm NOT trying to be snobbish, but I'm thoroughly perplexed how people can say that its harder than all the past papers - maybe you guys took 9 hours to do them with your books open? I dunno, I'm just incredibly surprised at the reactions, I thought the test was average and fair.
Yea right, i did all the past papers in about 1:45-2:45 then checked the solution when i was done- and i made sure to mark them pretty hard as well. This was a difficult paper, the second half atleast, compared to previous years

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
holla back girl said:
**my maths teacher said that the statistics from a recent year showed that to get a band 6, you need a raw mark of around 86/120
You've got to be kidding me.

Carnivour

HSC
Sarah_Lou said:
no-one can deny that it was definately a more challenging paper than previous years - especially when hsc maths teachers themselves say it was difficult!
once again, i disagree. my teacher was laughing as he saw us come out of the hall. he asked me "what did you think?" and i replied "it was ok", and he went "haahahahahahahhah it was more than ok, i think ok is an understatement."
*sigh* whatever folks. i dunno, maybe we got taught different syllabi?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Our teachers were more interested to see how we answered certain Q's... and others just wanted to see which ones we got stumped by. >_>

Carnivour- where you from? Ruse? haha jkjk~

jennylim

HSC
what971, please desist from gloating. i didn't find the paper difficult, but it wasn't a walk in the park either. the last question was a bit...sideways and odd to understand initially, and i suck at practical applications of calculus so i don't think i did those questions brilliantly. overall though, ok.

basic message: you're not the only one to find the paper fairly straightforward, you're just the only one obnoxious enough to rub it in people's faces.

chin music

HSC
N/A
what971 said:
I shit you not. I expect to get all 9 questions right, except maybe about 3/4 marks, and at least half in the 10th question right. I was expecting everyone to say it was about 'average', but instead EVERYONE said it was hard.

You guys, you've really made my day, I thank you all.
I topped my year for the assessment mark in 2 unit maths and i had a talk with my maths teacher after the test, who is actually regarded as one of the best 4 unit maths teachers in the state by ppl in BOS (even though he was teaching me 2 unit and 3 unit this year) and he said that the smarter ppl who aim higher were always gonna be dissapointed wheras not as bright ppl will generally be happier as they were not aiming as high. So the bottom line is the ppl that said it was hard probably smashed u and will rub it in your face since u were arrogant and they werent. And even if by chance u did do well, theres a thing called modesty. I got 100% in my last maths test and didnt brag at all. Bragging just pisses ppl off. And for the record i didnt do that badly. I reckon i got around 90% but im still not happy with that

Bokky

HSC
damn u Maths 2U!!!. I looked forward to doing the paper but now i wish i hadnt. I didnt do any of question 8 or 10 as i didnt have time to do it, i predicted my mark to be anywhere between 81-87/120, probably just enuf to scrape the crappy 70% mark. I SCREWED UP!!! *CRIES* :(:(:(

ah well, ill make up for those lost marks in bio, chem, and phys (hopefully)

Last edited:

GaDaMIt

Premium Member
HSC
chin music said:
I topped my year for the assessment mark in 2 unit maths and i had a talk with my maths teacher after the test, who is actually regarded as one of the best 4 unit maths teachers in the state by ppl in BOS (even though he was teaching me 2 unit and 3 unit this year) and he said that the smarter ppl who aim higher were always gonna be dissapointed wheras not as bright ppl will generally be happier as they were not aiming as high. So the bottom line is the ppl that said it was hard probably smashed u and will rub it in your face since u were arrogant and they werent. And even if by chance u did do well, theres a thing called modesty. I got 100% in my last maths test and didnt brag at all. Bragging just pisses ppl off. And for the record i didnt do that badly. I reckon i got around 90% but im still not happy with that
Kinda ironic post there man. You say you didn't brag about getting 100% which is bragging in itself. You bragged about topping your year for the assessment mark in 2 unit maths, and you also bragged about having a good teacher. Good post :)

chin music

HSC
N/A
If u read my post a little closer youll see that i mentioned the 100% to point out that i didnt brag and i still dont see it as bragging. It was a fuckn easy test and half the ppl hear wouldve got 95-100. And i really dont see first in my year as an achievement considering i wouldve come around 15th-20th if all the 4 unit ppl did 2 unit. I dont see how saying my teacher is good is bragging but i was saying to show hes not some shit teacher whos advice means nothing.

Last edited:

GaDaMIt

Premium Member
HSC
Saying you weren't bragging is bragging in itself man. Don't mean to get too complicated or no shit like that, but it is.

From Google:

Definitions of bragging on the Web:

boastful: exhibiting self-importance; "big talk"

Your going on about how you're not bragging, which is a form of exhibiting self-importance :)

chin music

HSC
N/A
self importance means i think im better then other ppl in emphasising the fact that i didnt brag but most of the ppl i know are modest and dont act arrogant wen they do well so its not really self importance. Lol This is drifting away from maths a bit i think

Ultraviolent

Contemptuous Member
Uranus. lolololo do you see what I did there?! do
HSC
GaDaMIt said:
Saying you weren't bragging is bragging in itself man. Don't mean to get too complicated or no shit like that, but it is.

From Google:

Definitions of bragging on the Web:

boastful: exhibiting self-importance; "big talk"

Your going on about how you're not bragging, which is a form of exhibiting self-importance :)
You sir, are a moron.

Pointing out one's achievements does not equal bragging. Perhaps you don't do too well at english, because there is no trace of self-importance or contempt in any of chin music's posts. And to claim that one is not bragging is in actuality bragging? Who came up with that theory, the surviving members of the Warren Commission? A non sequitur if I've ever seen one.

Last edited:

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
gadamit is a 07er...

i hope he can critically analyse better in year 12 or else he or she will be screwed in english.

ieatdirt

chinny mate ur legend.. who the fuck keeps their achievements to themselves.. if ppl were so bloody modest we would have a world where ppl are underachieving just so they make others happy and say.. 'ahh yes he's a good humble bloke'. fuck that losers u deserve to live in a cave, or you probably live in one already so just die so that u can never achieve again

chinkyeye

HSC
how fukin ahrd was this exam, bro 8 n 10 could not do...so much bs they make it too ahrd for our 2U brains were all doomed but luckyily i am ranked number 1 ahahah eheheh ahhahaha hehehe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)