3 Lectures in one day? (1 Viewer)

MadGold777

HSC
I know it's possible to do but would it be advised to have 3 lectures in one day?

I'm thinking of doing this as it would be most convenient, any reason why I should not do it?

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
For first year where the lectures are 1 hour each, most people have 3-4 lectures in one day.

For other years where lectures are usually 2 hours each, 3 should still be okay (like a day at school). Also for 2 hour lectures, some lecturers give small breaks in between hours.

So yes, it is advised unless you want to study part-time.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Perfectly fine.

I've had many occasions when I had three or four lectures per day with some tutorials as well. If you get tired quickly, don't bother but any normal person who is able to remain awake during the day will be fine.

MadGold777

HSC
Ahhkk thanks for that guys :)

I'm currently working on selecting my timetable and am trying to cram full the days I will be attending Uni so I can have other days off.

So there's nothing wrong with filling your day as much as you can?

Also I have some two hour lectures/tutes/pracs is it fine to then go straight into another 1 hour tutes/lec etc? P.s I'm a pretty normal/above average person when it comes to getting tired and what not :p

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A

I'm currently working on selecting my timetable and am trying to cram full the days I will be attending Uni so I can have other days off.

Also I have some two hour lectures/tutes/pracs is it fine to then go straight into another 1 hour tutes/lec etc? P.s I'm a pretty normal/above average person when it comes to getting tired and what not :p
That's fine, you won't think a thing of it... having lecture after lecture or tute after tute.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

Most certainly is. You generally get a 10 minute period of time where you are able to travel between venues (i.e. finish 5 minute before the hour and start 5 minutes after the hour).

I've found that the university day tends to go faster than the high school day so I don't tend to notice that I've been in class for hours at a time but I'm sure that's down to the individual.

I know many people stack their days as heavily as they can so they are able to get days off and they cope absolutely fine. Personally, I like to use some of my spare time at university when not hanging out with mates by revising and making my notes in the library so I remain productive so don't be too disappointed if you find that your preferred times are booked out.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Keep in mind, I can't take more than three hours of consecutive classes. I had one one hour lecture then a two hour lecture immediately after and I wanted to fall asleep midway through the second one.

So I wouldn't chuck everything on one day just in case. You might not be able to take it. Others can.

MadGold777

HSC
Hmmm

Once registered is it possible to change class times if I can not take it...

enoilgam

HSC
Keep in mind, I can't take more than three hours of consecutive classes. I had one one hour lecture then a two hour lecture immediately after and I wanted to fall asleep midway through the second one.

So I wouldn't chuck everything on one day just in case. You might not be able to take it. Others can.
Im kind of like this as well. I find university lecturers to be a lot more boring then a high school class. A lecturer will speak to a class for pretty much the whole time (which is especially mindnumbing if the lecture is over an hour and 30 minutes long), whereas there is more variety in HS (i.e. teacher talks, asks questions, gets you to do some work etc). Also lectures go for longer.

So for me, I prefer to have them spread out a bit, or have breaks in between them - but if you can survive it, then go for it.

enoilgam

HSC
Hmmm

Once registered is it possible to change class times if I can not take it...
You can pretty much show up to which ever lecture you want. However, with tutes, some tutors demand that you come at a certain time whilst others dont care.

rayy_bann

HSC
Im kind of like this as well. I find university lecturers to be a lot more boring then a high school class. A lecturer will speak to a class for pretty much the whole time (which is especially mindnumbing if the lecture is over an hour and 30 minutes long), whereas there is more variety in HS (i.e. teacher talks, asks questions, gets you to do some work etc). Also lectures go for longer.

So for me, I prefer to have them spread out a bit, or have breaks in between them - but if you can survive it, then go for it.

Omg are you serious?

YES! That's what my legal/eco teacher has been doing to us for all of senior high. Just talking! He would rarely ask questions and we would have to learn through copying/jotting down notes as he would talk. It was a more 'listening' as opposed to 'talking' environment. However, at the end of the class or if we put our hands up we could ask questions.....Is this the same in Uni? (in terms of asking questions?) Or (as I've heard), is there a separate class where you ask questions? (sorry for my ignorance).

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
No harm, I usually have 6 hours of classes a day, that's 2 lectures and 2 tutes, this year I have about 8 hours of classes in a day (3 lectures, 2 tutes) and I'm sure it'll be fine.

MadGold777

HSC
Thanks guys :)

Is there anything wrong with having a tute a day before a lecture?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
No, because in Week 2's Tutorial, you cover Week 1 Lecture material.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad

Some lecturers do ask questions, play videos and do demonstrations. I remember my Physics lecturer lying down on a bed of nails and putting a cinder block on his chest and getting a student to smash the cinder block with a hammer.

enoilgam

HSC
Some lecturers do ask questions, play videos and do demonstrations. I remember my Physics lecturer lying down on a bed of nails and putting a cinder block on his chest and getting a student to smash the cinder block with a hammer.
I wish my lecturers were that interesting...

rayy_bann

HSC
I assume those very 'enthusiastic' teachers, teach science/engineering related subjects as they have more reason to do things like that, with all the practical demonstrations and what not related to laws and theories. Yep I foresee law to be the opposite :p

kfnmpah

HSC
lol man up.

my timetable for next semester is

monday 8-7 with 2 1 hour breaks and tuesday 8-6 with a 2 hour break and 2 hours wednesday morning.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
lol man up.

my timetable for next semester is

monday 8-7 with 2 1 hour breaks and tuesday 8-6 with a 2 hour break and 2 hours wednesday morning.
How will you survive? <_<

I suppose some people can take 12 hours of uni or so per day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)