3 Poems!!! (1 Viewer)

Leah.Midd

HSC
ok well i was expecting some really hard text ype or something but 3 poems, wasnt to bad, just stretched the memory concidering id only studied 2 in depth but i think i did alright. hows eveyrone else feel bout the 3 poems...it was a nice little trick

OmegaSTealth

HSC
lol. As I walked out of the exam today, I heard at least four cries of outrage at the now infamous "THREE POEMS." I only studied two, but my memory kicked in and I found a third one in there. Apart from that, though, the question was pretty good.

Last edited:

MeehShanku

MeehShankU
HSC
First of all i want say the 3 poems were fuked!!! n freaked me out. Anyways, that section was like a conversation right, where i guy says Gwen's poems r shit n u say na its good. plz say im right

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
glycerine said:
I am so. fucking. angry.
That shit was so left field. Did you have anything prepared for a third poem? I could only remember a single quote from another poem "The falcon cannot hear the falconer... the centre cannot hold" so I created a spiel about how it represented his id pulling away from the superego.

Rickdog

grand member
HSC
yeah how sneaky was that making us use three poems
stupid board of studies
no more english forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

ishq

brown?
HSC
I was so pissed!!!

However, I spoke to my English Teacher after, and she said, by 'refer to three poems' it did not mean close analysis of all three - for which there was no time. Just inculcating a third poem - by using sylistic features, recurring themes etc would have been fine.

Which made me feel a tad better about my bullshitting.

forceblade

HSC
that 3 poems fucked up my history and memory, cause i had to think about the 3rd one for a few mintues, and then i had to write it all up :( which only let me 15 mintues to do my 3rd essay so screwed..

i be a hobo on the streets when christmas comes....

Jexi

HSC
Crap. Just complete utter crap. How the HELL are you suppose to a sophisticate analysis of THREEpoems with two readings each?! :|

HSC
evry single person that walked out of the exam said "OMG 3 poems" so many ppl made the stuff up about their last one. Was it really supposed to be a convo between u and the person who didn't like ur poet???

clairebear

"oh go back to supre"
HSC
no, it wasn't a convo, it was a reply in an argument. aka a really one-sided essay.

i will dead set hunt down the mofo who suggested putting 3 poems into this years exam, see how they like to be put on the spot.

it only makes me hate gwen whorewood even more...

and i can't even say "no more english" coz i've got extension! the fun never stops...

amen to whoever said "i am so. fucking. angry."

Spectre

Black Knight (of stuff)
HSC
*laughs*

The other electives of the module are entire books/films/etc., 3 poems is nothing. I studied 3 so I'd have variety and could choose 2 best ones, AND in case they specified one, cause they could have you know.

Though I do agree, 2 readings per poem could be hard... if every reading is different, no poems share any qualities, and you explore each in depth. Which I didn't *phew*

Leah.Midd

HSC
Jexi said:
Crap. Just complete utter crap. How the HELL are you suppose to a sophisticate analysis of THREEpoems with two readings each?! :|
you didnt have to do two readings of each, one would have been fine.

Jexi

HSC
clairebear said:
no, it wasn't a convo, it was a reply in an argument. aka a really one-sided essay.

i will dead set hunt down the mofo who suggested putting 3 poems into this years exam, see how they like to be put on the spot.

it only makes me hate gwen whorewood even more...

and i can't even say "no more english" coz i've got extension! the fun never stops...

amen to whoever said "i am so. fucking. angry."
Whorehood. Yes definitely whorewood. God I'm so angry.

Leah.Midd

HSC
gweno the leso is the saying at our school lol
i didnt think it was that bad and yer was it meant to be a convo coz i didnt do it like that. mine was more a one sided arguement :/

aurora

glycerine said:
I am so. fucking. angry.
i couldnt have put it better. sooooooooo FLAMING' PISSED OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
damn, damn, DAMN da ppl who rote dat Q n specified THREE poems!!!!

aurora

what?!

MeehShanku said:
First of all i want say the 3 poems were fuked!!! n freaked me out. Anyways, that section was like a conversation right, where i guy says Gwen's poems r shit n u say na its good. plz say im right

conversation? what conversation?? it didnt say a conversation, it said a "critical evaluation", didnt it?? man dont freak me out!!

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
It said "Personal repsonse" which could have been anything from an essay, to a conversation, speech or letter. it was a very ambiguous question.

I was so happy when i saw three poems. I learnt all 6 just in case and chuckled to myself at the people who go "learn all the poems?! pfft! sif they'd ask us more than two. they will say "at least two"." oh happy day

Overall. loved the exam.

And leah, Who the hell said "gweno the leso"? i've never heard that at school. most of us affectionally refer to her as "gwennie"

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)