3 things: salesman, paid survey, personalities (1 Viewer)

T-mac01

HSC
N/A
Just want to hear from you all about

1. Salesman
What it takes to make yourself good enough to land yourself a role on salesmanship for retail stores like 3g? What should you write in your resume when applying for this kind of position and what sort of questions should I be prepared for the interviews. For those who are currently working as a mobile salesman, can you describe your experience as a salesman and what are some of the daily hardships you need to conquer to make it a permanent part time job, meaning impressing your managers? I've personally read a little bit about retail sales and those techniques, etc. but I still want to hear about your opinions on it.

2. Paid Survey
Has anyone done it, tried it, suceeded in making the buck or failed?
There seems to be a lot of those floating around so I finally decided last week to see what it really is. To my disappointment, you need to register and pay for an upfront fee just so you are eligible to take those surveys and then get paid for it. This whole thing just doesn't seem logical to me. I mean first of all, you have to pay for this stupid fee, then you get paid a ridiculous amount of reward just to take some survey and some have been claimed to only take 10 minutes to do and get paid 25 for it. Are those just scams or some way marketers try to invest to get data and info?

3. Oh Bubbly personalities
When I see that on a job ad, I immediately picture a gorgeous looking blonde or Brunette female with the perfect body and look but no personality. I always see these ads such as Boost juice, Bar maids, etc. where they require people with a bubbly personality blablabla, and it makes sense to think that's how all boost juice franchises hire their employees but I've been to quiet a few Boost juice bars and those employees are not bubbly, they're just hot. A lot of them don't smile or anything. So what's the big deal? When I think about this, it just makes me give up on even trying to apply for roles like that which I really wouldn't mind doing. Am I just too naive to take those kind of ads too literally because the advertisers really want to avoid stating they're looking for people that are nothing less than gorgeous?

kow_dude

HSC
2. I've done several paid surveys all of which i did not have to pay an upfront fee.

T-mac01

HSC
N/A
kow_dude said:
2. I've done several paid surveys all of which i did not have to pay an upfront fee.
Do you still have access to those kind of surveys? I wouldn't mind doing them for a reward payment.

How does it work, really?

kow_dude

HSC
I did one paid survey at Sydney Uni which was advertised by our INFS2000 lecturer (Samantha Lee). It was about a one hour survey which we did in a computer lab and we got paid about $40.

Another one i just did yesterday which was also advertised at Sydney Uni. Someone handed out flyers that wanted business/commerce students to complete a online survey. It took about 10 minutes for a $10 myer gift card.

There are heaps of paid survey website such as http://www.treasuretrooper.com/ though i have not tried them, and i don't know if they work/legit

=]

pete_mate

HSC
"daily hardships" i know a guy that works at virgin and its reeeally laid back, i think you're making too much of all this,

CieL

HSC
T-mac01 said:
1. Salesman
What it takes to make yourself good enough to land yourself a role on salesmanship for retail stores like 3g?
Don't know much about this, but I know my friend got her first ever job [at age17 after HSC] at 3G.. so I guess the requirements can't be that high.. she stayed there until she quit herself due to finding another job

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)