3 unit maths text book (1 Viewer)

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
Hey

We're currently using cambridge, and i think it's pretty bad, doesn't follow syllabus...

so, i want to buy one. Which do you recommend?

scroogle

HSC
N/A
Maths in Focus by Margaret Grove is fairly decent. It keeps things pretty simple, but a bit too easy.

You will find cambridge is one of the better text books anyway.

shafqat

HSC
N/A
cambridge has teaches everything in the syllabus. only the extension questions go beyond it. i think it is clearly the best book out there, but if you're disatisfied you can try fitzpatrick or coroneos.

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
cambridge is fine, but the questions in it were not similar to our test. so studying from it was not so effective.

P

pLuvia

man i hate fitzpatrick books so much.. his answers are rong.. and plus some dont even have answers... far out.................-.-

HSC
^ i hate it when that happens - u sit there for AGES trying to figure out why ure wrong....then find out the answer is wrong -_____-"

P

pLuvia

-neurosurgeon- said:
^ i hate it when that happens - u sit there for AGES trying to figure out why ure wrong....then find out the answer is wrong -_____-"
yeh fuk .. lol.. my teacher likes the book for its explanations etc.. but i hate it for the whole thing.. the answers tell shit all..

illmtl

HSC
At my school only 3u students use fitzpatrick... for 2u and ext. but the 2u students use a couple of other text books... Fitzpatrick is really irritating coz it assumes you've done all the chapters up to the one you're doing, which means sometimes while working through 3u stuff you need to skip back to the 2u for one exercise. It's insane. One thing though, I was looking at the cambridge book my parents got me and it was really hard to go from one textbook to another... I couldn't find anything in cambridge.

felixcthecat

HSC
first thing i thought of when i saw the subject of this post is HEAVY ><'' ahha, and then i found out u use the same textbook as us~~ umm, the book realli isn't that bad.. they hav lotsa harder questions to prepare u for 4U..or so i was told ^^''

04er

HSC
scroogle said:
Maths in Focus by Margaret Grove is fairly decent. It keeps things pretty simple, but a bit too easy.

You will find cambridge is one of the better text books anyway.
Yeah I would probably recommend Maths in Focus as well. It was the only one I used and somehow got 48/50 in HSC :)

stainmepink

HSC
YBK said:
Hey

We're currently using cambridge, and i think it's pretty bad, doesn't follow syllabus...

so, i want to buy one. Which do you recommend?

cambridge is actually pretty good in my opinion. It prepares you for 4 unit, unlike some other books, which are too easy. like fitzpatrick.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
When you've just started a topic and can't handle challenging questions yet, use Math in Focus because it's excellent at explanations and provides fairly simple questions to familiarise you with the chapter.

However, for more challenging exercises, use Cambridge and Fitzpatrick - although I don't recomment Fitzpatrick because they make occasional errors which send you ripping your hair out.

Once you become familiar with a certain chapter, make sure you also practise with harder questions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)