30 or less (1 Viewer)

elitus

HSC
N/A
I'm asking this question out of curosity. Why do people with uai's of "30 or less" not receive their actual uai?

I have a few theories.

1) To spare the student's anguish
2) Because UAI's that low aren't worth the time and effort to calculate.

But does anyone know the real reason?

Last edited:

7th Sign

HSC
mate give it up...

dont make fun at people who get low uai and your funny theories are gay...

I got mates who got uais in ther 30s,40s they dont care...

get a life...

elitus

HSC
N/A
Dude, how about you get a life rather than going out of your own way to tell someone to "get a life".

7th Sign

HSC
elitus said:
Dude, how about you get a life rather than going out of your own way to tell someone to "get a life".

your the one trying to act liek a hard ass putting shit on people with low marks...

GET a life you gronk...

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Whoah settle down guys.

What UAI did you get elitus?

HSC
7th Sign said:
mate give it up...

dont make fun at people who get low uai and your funny theories are gay...

I got mates who got uais in ther 30s,40s they dont care...

get a life...
yeah i agree, some of my mates they got in the 30's and in subjects they rank around the top 10 in the grade, dont blame the people, blame the school, those who lack in the hsc bring yo marks down.

elitus

HSC
N/A
Riviet: 92.8

alektorophobia: Congratulations on your bro's success. It's true, uai doesn't always determine how you go in life.

The purpose of this thread is not to pay out those with low uai's, I just want to know why people with <30 uai's don't get their actual score.

7th Sign

HSC
elitus remove this quote and your questions will be valid

"If you have any funny theories please post them"

you say your not making fun at the people read the shit you type...

HSC
elitus said:
Riviet: 92.8

alektorophobia: Congratulations on your bro's success. It's true, uai doesn't always determine how you go in life.

The purpose of this thread is not to pay out those with low uai's, I just want to know why people with <30 uai's don't get their actual score.

go look up last years bottom 30 schools (UAI) and learn about that school!

elisabeth

HSC
CSI: CRIMES ™ said:
yeah i agree, some of my mates they got in the 30's and in subjects they rank around the top 10 in the grade, dont blame the people, blame the school, those who lack in the hsc bring yo marks down.
Blame the school? If only people could grow up, suck it up and accept some responsibility for their education.

Sure, it's not ideal being at a school with few resources or a few bad teachers, but anybody can do well AT ANY SCHOOL, provided they have the determination and put in enough work.

elitus

HSC
N/A
7th Sign said:
elitus remove this quote and your questions will be valid

"If you have any funny theories please post them"

you say your not making fun at the people read the shit you type...
Fair enough...Done.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Because the Department of Education doesn't want any kids to have their feelings hurt. It's the same reasoning that kids are no longer 'graded' in years 1 - 9, and can no longer be told their ranks in any courses from years 7 - 10, and there's now only one mathematics course instead of three for years 9 and 10, and the 1, 2, 3, 4... etc. system of classes most schools used in years 8 - 10 are no longer officially allowed to be graded. etc.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
CSI: CRIMES ™ said:

go look up last years bottom 30 schools (UAI) and learn about that school!
Schools aren't able to be ranked on the basis of UAI, UAIs are only released to students, not to the schools or media or even board of studies.

You are not told what you got if you got 30 or below because the purpose of the UAI is to get you into uni and that uai will not get you into any uni course. You can request the exact number if you want though.

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
Because the Department of Education doesn't want any kids to have their feelings hurt. It's the same reasoning that kids are no longer 'graded' in years 1 - 9, and can no longer be told their ranks in any courses from years 7 - 10, and there's now only one mathematics course instead of three for years 9 and 10, and the 1, 2, 3, 4... etc. system of classes most schools used in years 8 - 10 are no longer officially allowed to be graded. etc.
But the UAI is all about grading, better to introduce it in the earlier years rather than the HSC.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
My school still grades our maths classes 1, 2, 3 etc.

Stayed in class 1 from yrs 7-12 XD

Hence the 4 units of maths. :D

Last edited:

gman03

HSC
Statistically the data (student marks) does not have a high enough standard deviation to fairly separate people into class of 0s, 10s, 20s..

That's what I think.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Riviet said:
My school still grades our maths classes 1, 2, 3 etc.

Stayed in class 1 from yrs 7-12 XD
yeah we still have "graded" classes...they tell us they dont do that, but they do...if there's more than one class for a subject they organise you according to your SC marks in that course/subject area, like for bio they took our science marks, etc etc. if you do an extension course though, and theres also more than one class for that subject, (eg ext eng or ext maths) you automatically get put in the "1" class for it. so my english class is basically my extension class with a couple of others.
i dont see whats so bad about grading classes, really. all this crap about "you'll hurt peoples feelings" and so forth...ok, in primary school, maybe, but in high school? when your rankings and marks are rightfully something you should be caring about? get over it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)