3DMark World Records (1 Viewer)

Collin

HSC
N/A
This Kinc guy is insane. He recently acquired the top position in all 3DMarks benchmarks.

3DMark01SE: This guy got a whopping 50,614 3DMarks. In comparison, my Athlon64 3200+, 1GB DDR400, X800XT-PE.. pretty much a top-of-the-line system exactly 1 year ago (except for the CPU.. but I wasn't rich enough to want to spend $1,400+ on a FX-53 then) at stock got only around 26,000.. pretty much half the score. Now one reason why he scored so high here was because 3DMark01SE is pretty CPU-bound. A good CPU does wonders for benchmarks here, and with his INSANELY overclocked AMD64 @ 3.9GHz :eek: (even though I have no clue which AMD64 he got, a A64 X2 4800+ stock is only clocked at 2.4GHz and the king-gamer FX-57 is at 2.8GHz). So yes, OCing his A64 to nearly 4GHz.. unbelievable is a massive understatement.

Link

3DMark03: For 03, he got an astounding 40,061. In comparison, my system gets around 13,200 stock.. about 1/3 of his (although he does have an SLi configuration, looking at those pics). Besides his super OCed beast of a CPU, one should notice that he has his twin 256MB 7800GTXs OCed to 675MHz core/1584MHz mem each. That is unbelievably insane since at stock, the card is clocked at 430MHz/1200MHz. I should also mention that the new 512MB 7800GTX.. basically a 256MB version with double memory and a massive 30% OC (plus a new cooling system) is only rated at 550MHz (core). So once again, amazing feat.

Link

3DMark05: For the latest 3DMark, he got a whopping 17,560. By comparison, I get around 6,200. A guy I know with an FX-55, 1GB, 256MB 7800GTX at slight OCs gets around 9,000. I hope this guy actually uses this beast of a machine to play games too instead of OCing around all day.

Link

Here's his work.

I wonder if he's gonna try his luck with twin 512MB GTXs now, I'm pretty sure he could fly that thing even further.

Last edited:

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
lol...What a waste of time I say.

He's using dry ice to cool it? Or liquid nitrogen?

Bet after all that he still only plays something like warcraft3 on it :p

It looks like he is already using 2 7800gtx in sli ?

cyrax83

discrete is killing me :(
HSC
not having it in a case is a bad idea, watch him get pissed at some noob fragging him in cs and loose it

Collin

HSC
N/A
Well if I had the time and expertise, I'd try it. It's a technical feat to top all the other OCers out there, so I think it's great. Like I said, I hope he certainly is gaming some latest shooters on that thing.. but yes, who can complain about running Warcraft 3 at 5000 fps lololol..

Supposedly it's liquid nitrogen.

Yes he already is on SLi.. but using 256MB GTXs. The new 512MB version has a 30% OC.. so it's rated at stock 550MHz/1800MHz instead of the 256MB @ 430MHz/1200MHz.

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
cyrax83 said:
not having it in a case is a bad idea, watch him get pissed at some noob fragging him in cs and loose it
hahha

if i lost it, the first thing i'd punch is that black tube where you are meant to put the liquid nitrogen.

I think he is using dry ice actually.

says that in the picture, in that white foam box thingy.

Collin

HSC
N/A
cyrax83 said:
Yes.. and spilling liquid nitrogen all over himself, buahaha. But no, crazy OCers never use cases. Even some amatuer air-con OCers just use half a case and then plant a huge fan next to it.

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
He's still using CRT!

wtf! gg

he's got that much to spend, sifn't get a LCD

Collin

HSC
N/A
If he's a gamer, then it makes sense for him to stick with CRTs. But with a pissy monitor like that.. think that looks like a 15', maybe 17'.. he probably doesn't game much with that machine.

Collin

HSC
N/A
playboy2njoy said:
LCD monitors are now down to 2MS/SEC, so theres more reason to more to LCD now.
Yes, both ViewSonic and BenQ have announced those. Trouble is, I doubt it's going to be cheap. I'd much rather spend the same money on a much larger-screened CRT. Only reason I would get an LCD right now is for saving space, nothing more.

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
People who go with such overclocks are usually not gaming on their prized machines, apart from doing record setting benchmarks. As for cases, liquid nitrogen cooling requires basically an open vertical pipe to fill up, which doesn't quite work well with cases.

As for the CRT vs LCD argument, I don't think the 2ms LCD produces as wide range of colours correctly as a CRT or slower LCD.

Collin

HSC
N/A
Not to mention the whole issue with poorer compatibilities for resolutions outside it's native.

Collin

HSC
N/A
Erm.. for the welfare and safety of their customers, I doubt common fridge manufacturers make their fridge compartments operate at under -200Co mate.

LeftrightOut

Needs more cowbell
HSC
N/A
Templar said:
As for the CRT vs LCD argument, I don't think the 2ms LCD produces as wide range of colours correctly as a CRT or slower LCD.
1) That is for grey not b/w response
2) That is for 6 bit colour panels not he 8s so yeah colour issues might arise.

equiski

HSC
JKDDragon said:
Yes.. and spilling liquid nitrogen all over himself, buahaha. But no, crazy OCers never use cases. Even some amatuer air-con OCers just use half a case and then plant a huge fan next to it.
I have my side panel off and a huge floor fan blowing into the case. I'm not even overclocking anything; I have bad ram which corrupts data once it warms up ;___;

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
i dotn understand these 3dmark things. Why is there three differnt ones, and why do does the score become less and less with newer versions. And how does it determine your score?

but yeh those are some crazy pics. the pic with the ice forming around the card, wouldnt that be bad becuase it could cause damage to the board

Collin

HSC
N/A
It's 3 different programs. 01SE was released in 01, 03 was released in 03, 05 was released this year. Since 01SE was released in 01, obviously if you run it right now with current PCs.. the score should be very high. 03 was released 2 years ago.. hence you get a moderate score with the same PC. Since 05 was released recently and is the most taxing on a PC, you get the least score with the same hardware.

You can download those 3DMark benchmark programs from Futuremark.com

That ice would damage it due to condensation, however with dry ice it turns straight to gas (CO2). Dry ice only condenses at high pressures.

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
Each version is made progressively more taxing as with the same program scores grow exponentially and reach astronomical values.

Ice would be forming with water vapour coming into contact with the cold components. It has got nothing to do with the CO2 used (apart from that's why it's so cold). In that circumstance having the entire equipment inside a frost free fridge would help, and also lower the consumption of CO2 or liquid nitrogen.

And he is using liquid nitrogen, not dry ice. -171°C is kind of hard to reach using dry ice.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)