3G Phone Service (1 Viewer)

inasero

Reborn
HSC
now that i have your attention through devious tactics :D
my phone plan is ending next february and i want to sign up to a new contract. I'm just curious what's the quality of the reception like on the 3 network? Im a little confused since half the poeple I've asked say it's good and the other half strongly oppose it.

Thanks in advance for your help!

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
Depends if the half actually have a three phone or not ?

I've got one, I live in the shire and haven't dropped reception (except for some reason in my room I go to roaming half the time- the rest of the house is 3G :\).

Perfect reception as you get closer to city, and if you move out of a 3 coverage zone you're on Telstra, which is 99% of Australia anyway.

Made a few video calls with lower reception and they've been fine too.

Umm what else.. with roaming, I believe if less than half your calls are roaming, you only get charged standard call costs for them, or something like that.

That's about it. Depending where you live, reception is variable. You can check with three for coverage zones anyway, and with Virgin, Telstra etc all going 3G, the coverage area is slowly expanding more and more.

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Yup, pretty much what MedNez said. I like having the $29 cap. It saves me a lot of money, being able to make up to $120 worth of calls and SMSs. I don't have to pay $50+ like I did on my old plan. I just got a new phone yesterday as well, and it rocks over my old one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)