3u and 4u (1 Viewer)

Over97

Banned
how much harder is 4u than 3u? do u guys think?

like i reckon the 3u work is HEAPS harder than 2unit, does 3u 2 4u a huge jump, or is it just harder 3unit and some extra topics

Affinity

HSC
hmm do some by yourself over the summer holidays and keep yourself ahead of the class assuming you're in year 11

marsenal

cHeAp bOoKs
It's definately not impossible. I believe that the main problem with 4U is actually all the hype and all the added pressure you have from other sources. In my opinion the 4U course (which by the way I have not as yet finished) could be done within like 3 months by us if we didn't have the whole HSC stress/pressure thing.

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
just make sure you dont fall behind. always keep up to date, it will make your life soo much easier come exam time. study consistantly.

Over97

Banned
awesome,

like what do u guys suggest for a 3U mark to be able to do 4U?

assuming that is is a moderately average difficult test

im getting about in the mid 70's and improving every time.

is this good enuf for 4U? obviously im gonna work on it tho

maniacguy

It really would depend on quite a few things.
E.g. I thought 4u was easier than 3u, because there were less topics to try and do things on (the fact that I already knew some of the stuff helped - I *wrote* our class' inequalities problems (or to be more accurate, compiled them from various sources) :) )

deyveed

School Leaver
HSC
Originally posted by McLake
About the same gap that exists between 2 and 3U ...
I think the gap between 3u and 4u is much bigger and harder.
3u is pretty much like learning the harder part of 2u but in 4u, you learn completely new stuff and its much more harder.
Damn you "Harder 3u"!

Last edited:

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
i think 3 unit maths is hell harder than 4 unit.... 3 unit its to direct and there this way or that way to do that quetiosn..
for 4 unit.. you can make your ay around quetsions and still get them right...
Originally posted by ezzy85
just make sure you dont fall behind. always keep up to date, it will make your life soo much easier come exam time. study consistantly.
i would have to totally agree with that.. i kinda left maths for a while because of my yr 11 yearlies.. and now i NEED to get in the knack to study my maths again sine it is my priority... :(

deyveed

School Leaver
HSC
No way 3u is easier than 4u.
The harder 3u part of 4u ALONE is harder than the whole 3u course.
I mean...no way i can master harder 3u but 3u itself...maybe.

Sammmmmuel

I have 6 weeks till the hsc exams start right... Can ne one tell me if i have time to revise 3 unit before the exam and get a good mark? my average is like 55-60 per cent which is my worst mark and i need to bring it up... Ne suggestions for study methods to bring up my shitty mark?

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
I agree with marsenal, Ext2 is overrated. It was merely alot more time and effort devoted to Mathematics, well alot alot alot more. And as many have said: consistency is highly influencin' when it comes to how well you do. :) (As a side note: Actuarial Studies is also overrated, atm... well, it's first year, it's meant to be easy. :p)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)