3u or 2u math (1 Viewer)

Joosh_N

HSC
hello guys..
I have a dilemma of whether choosing 2u or 3u. I've been told by my yr 10 math teacher that I am a borderline extension student and a very high advanced student. I've chosen math advanced for now but I can still change my subjects, with my current chosen subjects being:
- Math advanced
- English advanced
- Chem
- Economics
- Business studies
- Physics
At first, I picked 3u math but then my math teacher highly advised me to not do 3u math even tho i was recommended it, though i feel pretty confident that I can do well in 3u math. What should I do?

band6yesplease

HSC
hello guys..
I have a dilemma of whether choosing 2u or 3u. I've been told by my yr 10 math teacher that I am a borderline extension student and a very high advanced student. I've chosen math advanced for now but I can still change my subjects, with my current chosen subjects being:
- Math advanced
- English advanced
- Chem
- Economics
- Business studies
- Physics
At first, I picked 3u math but then my math teacher highly advised me to not do 3u math even tho i was recommended it, though i feel pretty confident that I can do well in 3u math. What should I do?
Just do it because you'll still have enough units so if you decide you hate it you can drop it pretty much whenever you want. And if you feel confident that's a very good start

maryjane05

HSC
hello guys..
- Math advanced
- English advanced
- Chem
- Economics
- Business studies
- Physics
What do you want to do in life? Looking at your subjects you could do something STEM related, your current load for yr 11 is going to be very heavy with those subjects so up to you. But if you want to do STEM related things do the highest math you can do because its great to know.

Joosh_N

HSC
What do you want to do in life? Looking at your subjects you could do something STEM related, your current load for yr 11 is going to be very heavy with those subjects so up to you. But if you want to do STEM related things do the highest math you can do because its great to know.
Its either:
- B of adv computing/ B of commerce at USYD
- B of comp. science/ B of economics at UNSW

howcanibesmarter

HSC
just do 3u, you might enjoy it, and if you don't no harm in dropping. (and it scales well).

Since you want to do compsci i HIGHLY recommend you at least give it a go, since it is maths related (pre sure unsw has mx1 as assumed knowledge, so if you don't do it you'll have to take a bridging course

howcanibesmarter

HSC
unsw is assumed, which means you don't need a bridging course
but 1131/1141 (intro math unit) has mx1 (and 2) content so it's highly advised to do 3u or higher
right, but most people take bridging courses cus otherwise you fall behind pretty quick. (for maths related stuff)

Asked 2nd year compsci at usyd and said they learn 4u calc content in the few weeks of uni, its a breeze for 4u kids, but for the 2u kids only its gonna be pretty tough.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)