4 Frames (1 Viewer)

maiimae

HSC
our class has been doing these for a while now but i stilll cant grasp the concept of why we use frames, are they like labels to characterise artworks? or something else

s1mplykat

HSC
Frames are a means by which the practice, subject matter and forms can be investigated. So basically a frame is a way of seeing art through different perspectives;

*the subjective frame: personal psychological experience

*the structural frame: the visual qualities, organization, the way that the artwork has been put together.

*the cultural frame: is a cultural and social meaning that is shown through the artwork..

*the post-modern frame: looking, analysing, revision, questioning; ideas that challenge the mainstream.

Last edited:

s1mplykat

HSC
yeah.. im not to fond of it either.. allota people see 2unit vis art as all painting and drawing... ahhh how wrong they are..

anyways i have my art trail tomorrow.. *urggh... T_T i should start writing up my notes..

HSC&ME=NOLIFE

HSC
another way of easily remebering why we use the frames is so we know what to look for in an artwork, i always think of stereotypes and why we use them. artworks such as andy warhols are stereotypically cultural because of the many layers we can look at his works... he continually commented on societal and politcal values and created his own judgements- a thin line between structural and subjective if you think about it....
anyway i have trials tomorrow 2- a bit excited- wonder what there gunna throw at us... im expecting allot of contemporary australian work- its starting to dominate...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)