4 texts. Two Coleridge. Two others. Suggestions? (please) (1 Viewer)

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
Okay, i got an assessment which involves me talking about 4 texts. ROTAM is the only text we HAVE to do.

I was thinking perhaps two poems, 1 visual and 1 textual.

Any suggestions specifically regarding:

What Coleridge poems go well with ROTAM?
What supplementary texts go well with Coleridge and/or ROTAM?

This is merely to give me some insight into what texts are available so i can judge for myself what texts i think are appropiate.

Much love.

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
Bump.

Seriously, i am really really truly screwed for this stupid speech assessment....

cal-

Banned
HSC
'The little prince' and 'Run Lola Run' got me full marks in a speech which was pretty much exactly the same as that.

Dota55

HSC
hey what about james joyce Araby or The Sisters?

Does that apply to Imaginative journeys? I'm not sure.

jessikayo

HSC
hey.
ive got to do the same sort of thing for my half yearly exam.
except i get to choose 2 of coleridges poems and then 2 of my own related texts.

georgealmighty

HSC
I had to do this for a speech last term.
I used ROTAM and a Supernatural episode, from season 2, "What is and What Should Never Be"
My teacher suggested we do one conversational poem, either Lime Tree or Frost and a supernatural kind either ROTAM or Kubla.
I related Lime Tree with the film Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind directed by Michael Gondry.

OZI SMASHCRAB

HSC
I think the best texts from coleridge personally would have to be 'This Lime Tree Bower My Prison' and 'Kubla khan' but if you do have to use ROTAM, which is like a heroic story (being he has a realisation and comes good of it) try to relate this to a text that has the same context, try to find a heroic imaginative journey. i have a similar half yearly test on this, using any Coleridge poems (2) relating to related texts (2), Im using the movie Pan's Labyrinth and 'The Red Tree' by Shaun Tan (picture book).

metalheaven

HSC
For my upcoming assignment I'm doing "Rime Of The Ancient Mariner", "This Lime Tree Bower My Prison" for my Coleridge, and for my ORMs I'm doing "The Lord Of The Rings" by Tolkein (damn I love epics:)) and the concept album "Scenes From A Memory" by Dream Theater.

sportylake

HSC
are u doing physical journeys? cos 'rime of the ancient mariner' by coleridge works well....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)