4 year old aboriginal girl dies after being refused treatment (1 Viewer)

HerrKross

HSC
N/A
Racism or not, the girl was turned away from the hospital and I don't think these kinds of incidents, especially when they result in the death of someone, should be happening in a highly advanced country such as ours.

Plodygon

HSC
Again, you don't know the circumstances as to why they were turned away, what symptoms she presented with and to base this all on racism is ridiculous, given we only have the spastic grandparents blaming it as a race issue.

No doubt there will be an inquiry, and if there is we can make an informed judgement then. But not now, and not based on the word of some uneducated hicks who are obviously grieving. And what she died of is pertinent. If it were something that could have been easily detected and treated, they've made a gross judgement error, but we just don't know.
Calling the grandparents 'spastic' is ridiculous. Racism, not so much. Come on, it's not like we don't have a long history of racism in Australia. I'm not saying it was racism for sure, but to say the idea of it coming down to that is ridiculous, is ridiculous in itself.

I agree with reserving judgement on this issue. However, calling the grandparents 'uneducated hicks'? I don't know, but you seem to have something against them for demanding answers. Their grandaughter is dead.

Plodygon

HSC
Racism or not, the girl was turned away from the hospital and I don't think these kinds of incidents, especially when they result in the death of someone, should be happening in a highly advanced country such as ours.
+ 1

I agree entirely.

Plodygon

HSC
Did you read their statements in the article?

if they share even 3 brain cells between them, I'll be god damned.
How does them having an opinion which differs from yours make them stupid? I couldn't find anything wrong with their statements. They're upset, they're angry - but they're entitled to an opinion.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
plodygon please alight at redfern station at 12am for some teachings into the true nature of aboriginals in australia

Plodygon

HSC
plodygon please alight at redfern station at 12am for some teachings into the true nature of aboriginals in australia
I know what the general impression of the aborigines is. But why should they by mistreated because of that? Had British settlers never arrived in Australia in the first place, and abused them, then they probably wouldn't be in the situation most of them are in today.

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
I know what the general impression of the aborigines is. But why should they by mistreated because of that? Had British settlers never arrived in Australia in the first place, and abused them, then they probably wouldn't be in the situation most of them are in today.
yes your right the spanish would have came and cracked most of their heads open looking for gold

Plodygon

HSC
yes your right the spanish would have came and cracked most of their heads open looking for gold
And, had they never been interfered with, the aborigines would probably be a lot better off then they are now. A lot.

i tend to agree but the opposing arguements put forward are:

ask an aboriginal whether they would rather be hunter gatherers or walk into wollies and buy steak/kangeroo meat?

personally i think that arguement is floored:p because thats what westerners think of as being the normal and proper way of buying food, where as an aboriginal if uninhabited by the british would have been satisfied by the way they lived but that doesn't stick apparently
I get where you're coming from. But I think that aborigines would have eventually made the same advancements in technology that we did. Just while perhaps preserving the culture of the country a little more. :p

Last edited:

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
I get where you're coming from. But I think that aborigines would have eventually made the same advancements in technology that we did. Just while perhaps preserving the culture of the country a little more. :p
lol.

There was absolutely no chance of Aboriginals making the same advancements of Asia or Europe within any determinable time frame.

How do I know this? I've read Guns, Germs and Steel by Diamond.

Plodygon

HSC
lol.

There was absolutely no chance of Aboriginals making the same advancements of Asia or Europe within any determinable time frame.

How do I know this? I've read Guns, Germs and Steel by Diamond.
Right...

Admittedly I haven't read the book. But, I don't see why not. Is intelligence racial now?

Rockyroad

Banned
HSC
Are you kidding.

Tell me. 200 years ago, Abo's hadn't worked out that if it's round it rolls. Seriously, 200 years ago. Do you really think within 200 years they were going to evolve enough to make the same advancements as the rest of the world?

No.

Race Differences in Intelligence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Where did this come from?
Who said this?

You completely changed the subject.
So you could jump at the chance to condemn Aborgines as a race (well at least try).
:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Plodygon

HSC
Are you kidding.

Tell me. 200 years ago, Abo's hadn't worked out that if it's round it rolls. Seriously, 200 years ago. Do you really think within 200 years they were going to evolve enough to make the same advancements as the rest of the world?

No.

Race Differences in Intelligence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Well, yeah, I reckon they'd have to. Or did you just think they were going to sit there inside of Australia and never venture out to learn and discover?

You also missed the part about the book not being very accurate 'due to speculative sampling, year of testing, and varying type of cognitive ability test used'. There was a number of errors involved in that book. Also, I wouldn't call learning to live solely off the land a type of stupidity.

Yes, I do think the aborigines would have made the advancements as the rest of the world. They are not animals, they're people. Treat them with respect. Seriously, what's your problem?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)