40mins is a joke (1 Viewer)

matty wilson

HSC
any help on how i can manage my time better? i normally would write about 4 pages in those booklets in 40mins.. how can i improve this because i dont feel as if this is enough

ITimber

HSC
I'm in the same problem!

I have literally practiced over and over again, handing in all my prac essays for marking. I get good marks but how ever much i cut down I can not fit within 40 min unless i cut stuff which is relevent. As soon as i cut it i loose marks.

kloudsurfer

HSC
ITimber said:
I'm in the same problem!

I have literally practiced over and over again, handing in all my prac essays for marking. I get good marks but how ever much i cut down I can not fit within 40 min unless i cut stuff which is relevent. As soon as i cut it i loose marks.
Out of curiousity, how many words/writing booklet pages are you writing in 40 minutes?

Is it that you dont get enough time to write enough or just that you dont get enough time to write everything you want to?

shimmy&shine

HSC
It shouldn't be the amount that you're worrying about but rather the quality of what is being written.

For me i wrote around 1600 words, i think? it's hard to remember lol, even though it was only last year. Ithink 1500 is a good amount and you should aim for around this in around 40 minutes.

condense what you are saying and don't waste space with big words and wordy sentences, long-winded sentences. Maybe not cut out points but rather condense what you're saying in each of these points? hope that helps.

-pari-

HSC
N/A
it varies from individual to individual. i get in about 1200 - 300 words in 40 min.

Legham

HSC
4 pages is great! I struggle to write 2 pages in an hour..

HSC
matty wilson said:
any help on how i can manage my time better? i normally would write about 4 pages in those booklets in 40mins.. how can i improve this because i dont feel as if this is enough
Yeah, I write between 3-4 pages in 40 minutes too. I know that I need to start doing practice papers to improve this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)