4u in 3u (1 Viewer)

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
hey!!!
i have a small inquiryyyyy
if u use 4u methods in a 3u exam will u be marked down? because some teachers have said it's fine, but others have said it's not good.
thankles

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
i don't think u shud be marked down...cos there's nufing wrong in using 4u methods while doing 3u....well i did use 3u sometyms while doing 2u but my teacher never marked me down.... :)

CM_Tutor

HSC
N/A
Depends on the marker. Some don't care, others frown on it. If you want to play it safe, use only 3u methods unless you can't see a non-4u answer - after all, any answer is better than no answer.

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
that's what i was thinking....any answer is better than no answer. so i should be ok in my assessment...because i panicked and couldnt think of a 3u method so i used 4u. i just hope my markers aren't biased

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
Most schools will mark you down, however, in the HSC, it shoudlnt matter. As CM tutor said, the safest thing is to use 3 unit, but in a 3 unit exam, you will end up doing 3 unit techniques anyway.

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
doubt u will get marked down...

in a 3u test we had a q that stated P(x) had a double root

it took 3 lines using the derivative method... whereas u'd have to do all that stupid sum of rootz crap doing it in a 3unit method

i think quite a few 3unit ppl used the 4unit method ... as we had taught some of them some handy stuff :)

CM_Tutor

HSC
N/A
ToO LaZy ^* said:
my 4u teacher says it doesn't matter, but my 3u teacher says it does..!!
stupid misleading teachers! :mad:
Well, you know which one to go to if you need something re-marked, don't you ... :)

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
lol

In my school, though, different teachers mark different sections, and you can't get a mark from any teacher but the one who marked the relevant section.

hrm

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
As an aside, if the paper was set well (in terms of testing Ext1 content), then you should be able to do the entire paper with Ext1 techniques. Ext2 should only help you conceptually with what's happening in a question. If they do ask something in the HSC, you should be able to do it with Ext1 techniques, otherwise the paper is unfair to all the people not doing Ext2.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
You will always be able to do it with 3U techniques but a 4U technique (or a 3U technique in a 2U paper) might be quicker

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)