5.1 speakers *sigh* (1 Viewer)

MicK_eT

Terry mate!
hey pplz...

im thinking of gettin some good new 5.1 speakers for my comp that i wanna set up around my room but im not sure what to get... the Logitech z5300 and z680 looks heaps attractive.. (well actually they sound heaps nice but u noe what i mean).. and like i was just wondering what would be some realli good 5.1s to get.. im def stayin away from creative tho.. grrr.... ive listened to some that have set up at like dick smith an all that but meh.. what other brands are heaps good.. cost is meh.. but hopefully under like 450 or someifnk... which is a ~~ for z680 cuz they are heaps expensive... i want power heavy bass.. rich mid range and all that jazz... better qual than the logitech z640s n x620s cuz they sound nice but theres like a hole in the soudn .. like siome part of teh range inst as strong... well from what i heard at harvey norman anyhoo..

Collin

HSC
N/A
What's wrong with creative? They have some fantastic speakers out there.

Personally, soon I'm getting an Audigy 2 ZS card with a set of 5.1/6.1/7.1 Creative speakers. Can't go wrong there.

But yeah, Logitech has some pretty good models too.

HSC
TDK are good..150W of bass!..it's the most powerful out of the TDK Tremor range and it's got a stylish design (tube like subwoofer...very nice :D)..
it's got 2 satelllite speakers which are 25W each are slim looking but V nice sound quality and a wide range 'g-spot'
it's got bass/treble control and all that shit and the bass has a 'sleep' mode which is like a standby mode, so you don't have to turn it on and off all the time.
and good price too :D

HSC
btw..'g-spot' acts as a surround sound thingy, so it's equivalent to having 4 or 5 speakers (or 5.1 as they call it)

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
Originally posted by ToO LaZy ^*
TDK are good..150W of bass!..it's the most powerful out of the TDK Tremor range and it's got a stylish design (tube like subwoofer...very nice :D)..
it's got 2 satelllite speakers which are 25W each are slim looking but V nice sound quality and a wide range 'g-spot'
it's got bass/treble control and all that shit and the bass has a 'sleep' mode which is like a standby mode, so you don't have to turn it on and off all the time.
and good price too :D
you cant determine how good the speakers will sound just by the wattage.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
if you got the blingbling go get a set of Klipsche 5.1s... probably bout $800-900 AUD?

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
Originally posted by ToO LaZy ^*
i didn't...i GOT a set :D
sorry, that wasn't directed at you specifically - i was just making a general statement and was using your post as an example. :)

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
get klipsch pro media 5.1 speakers, they kick ass ... logitech thx models r good, also high end creative thx is good ...

Last edited:

Collin

HSC
N/A
Anyone here got a Creative 2 Audigy ZS Platinum? I'm getting one when I build my PC in the next month or so, including a high end set of 5.1/6.1/7.1 speakers, but the sound card and the 'drive' it sticks into your tower looks pretty daunting and intimidating, plus I've never really invested in good speakers before, so are they easy to set up?

masteraal

dont just go and buy speakers based on watts... sure u can tell the difference between 10w and 500w but ull never use 500w
150 or so is pretty nice...

troika

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by MicK_eT
hey pplz...

im thinking of gettin some good new 5.1 speakers for my comp that i wanna set up around my room but im not sure what to get... the Logitech z5300 and z680 looks heaps attractive.. (well actually they sound heaps nice but u noe what i mean).. and like i was just wondering what would be some realli good 5.1s to get.. im def stayin away from creative tho.. grrr.... ive listened to some that have set up at like dick smith an all that but meh.. what other brands are heaps good.. cost is meh.. but hopefully under like 450 or someifnk... which is a ~~ for z680 cuz they are heaps expensive... i want power heavy bass.. rich mid range and all that jazz... better qual than the logitech z640s n x620s cuz they sound nice but theres like a hole in the soudn .. like siome part of teh range inst as strong... well from what i heard at harvey norman anyhoo..
between the two, Logitech z680 is the better one cos that's like one of the best speakers on the market. but i dont think its necessary to spend so much cos its really expensive. i got logitech z640 and i absolutely love them. its really powerful and the sound just scares the shit out of me sometimes. and its only a little over $100 so i say the z640 is the best one for that price range.

Callistogenic

HSC
It also depends really on what you're planning to use them for. You could spend anything from $250 up for a good-quality set of bookshelf monitors, designed for video editing. Throw in a subwoofer and you could be looking at double plus half.

I'd evaluate your needs, you, yourself in relation to the computer and how far away you'd be using it (wireless keyboard and mouse; large screen) and also the size of the room, in relation to where the computer is. THEN consider power outputs. As the others have said above, more wattage doesn't mean quality sound/speakers.

sammeh

the z680's are pretty good. decent value for money, and they sound alright. if you absolutely MUST have 5.1, then they'd be acceptable. personally, i would just get a good pair of 2.1 speakers and soft emulate the surround effect with a driver/media player plugin. actually, that is exactly what i do. but anyway :]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)