5 Bonus Uais? (1 Viewer)

gamecw

HSC
my friends in the other school all applyed for this 5 bonus uai thing, and the condition is to sit the hsc exam when ur still in aust for less than 5 yrs...

who else applyed for this thing? where do i get more info on this and how can i still apply???

if that is the case, then i cud have goten 99.5 uai :'( and like what that rounds off to 100!

but i dont really understand, how can 5 uais be given away so easily, and then again what if u applyed for that and ur still geting over 95 uai?? does the uai become sumthin like 100, or it has a limit?

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
I think that you might be talking about the EAS (educational access scheme) for long term educational disadvantage, it's the only thing I can think of anyway.

It doesn't actually increase your UAI, it just means that you can get into a course if your UAI is up to 5 points below the cut off (how many points depends on which uni it is). So your UAI does not change.

I applied for long term illness, they don't just give it away so easily you have to have a valid reason and documentation of the disadvantage :p

It's too late to apply, applications closed ages ago, even the late ones.

Last edited:

haque

HSC
Yeah it's EAS but it's not always 5 UAI points

gamecw

HSC
ic well either way i shud have applyed, i didnt have a teacher for 4unit maths... and the education in our school is really crap

cant believe none of the teachers mentioned this to me

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
i dont think you could have unless your school is a rural one, or if its on some educational deparment list... you dont actually have to apply in that case, it gets down automatically. Someting like that anyway, I can't think on account of there being 5 mins till offers are out so you should probably ignore this information :p.

Last edited:

gamecw

HSC
Meh i made into my 1st preference, doesnt matter now =)

anyways a school called holroyd high school got most of their esl students bonus 5 uais, two of my friends go to that school, so im pretty sure its true.. then again, their school is within 500 metres away from my school, and higher ranked aswell.. if their's is called rural, then must our ones too.. how do u know if u were EASed anyways, does it say on ur uac profile? coz unsw said if u applyed for EAS, ur automatically in for EAS scholarship and all that.

jest

HSC
my school is on some kind of department list so all of us were automatically considered in the eas. some people at my school were able to get into courses well above their uai eg this girl got 69 but she got into b science at uts which was like 77 or something

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
gamecw said:
Meh i made into my 1st preference, doesnt matter now =)

anyways a school called holroyd high school got most of their esl students bonus 5 uais, two of my friends go to that school, so im pretty sure its true.. then again, their school is within 500 metres away from my school, and higher ranked aswell.. if their's is called rural, then must our ones too.. how do u know if u were EASed anyways, does it say on ur uac profile? coz unsw said if u applyed for EAS, ur automatically in for EAS scholarship and all that.
You get a letter in the mail from UAC saying they recieved your EAS application and if you were one of the school's automatically considered you get one to.

Well done on getting in! :)

Vars5

HSC
When they mean 5 UAI points it doesn't mean 94 becomes 99. A UAI point is 0.05. Therefore 0.05 * 5 = 0.25

Therefore if you got 94.00 you would get 94.25 if they university accepted your application.

From memory, I think it is like that, correct me If I am wrong.

stephenchow

HSC
Vars5 said:
When they mean 5 UAI points it doesn't mean 94 becomes 99. A UAI point is 0.05. Therefore 0.05 * 5 = 0.25

Therefore if you got 94.00 you would get 94.25 if they university accepted your application.

From memory, I think it is like that, correct me If I am wrong.
No, you would be wrong. Go read more about EAS and come back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)