55 Minutes Late (1 Viewer)

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
Speed-wise typing definately puts you at an advantage - (most people are touch typists anyway) However, I do believe the typed response will be marked a little more harshly compared to the written response, taking into consideration that you can correct mistakes, and that you can type a lot more during that time (e.g, an average 60wpm typist can type 2400 words in 40 minutes)

forceblade

HSC
breesy said:
Personally, while I can write 30 words per minute, i can type close to 100. In a subject such as english where words outweigh time enormously, you can see how this would be a large a unfair advantage. While special provisions is necessary, your school should have, rather than providing a laptop, provided you with a supervised scribe as most schools do.
bullcrap 100 words per min? yeaaa RIGHT!!!

xbitterflyx

Batmaniac
HSC
If they had good reasons for using the laptop than yay for them I would perfer that to a scribe because I know that if I was a scribe I would help the person out so I would perfer them to do it themselves on laptop.

I admit the provissions thing is abit screwed because the paper 2 English exam I was meant to be at a funeral but since they werent "a blood relative I lived with" I couldnt go yet a girl in my class got out of paper one because she said she got kicked out of home which was a COMPLETE LIE considering she was driving her mums car to the exam but the point is
If they have the right reasons for the provisions then let them and stop compaining, how would you feel if you were in that situation where you needed the provisions and everyone complained about you getting them?

P.S: if that didnt make sense Im sorry, I have be studying Ancient History for the last 6 hours :confused:

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
forceblade said:
bullcrap 100 words per min? yeaaa RIGHT!!!
Nup, 100 is quite plausible a figure for ppl who are good at programming or something. If you had special provisions, undoubtedly you would practise typing speed, so people who get to use laptops tend to type quicker than the average person. Also, in exam situation, it's quite plausible that the candidate sustains his/her max typing speed (just like most of us tend to write non-stop as quickly as we can in exams)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)