64 bit wifi (1 Viewer)

mikerobertsn

HSC
hi, i just started at uws and is annoyed that the wifi doesn't work on my 64 bit edition of windows 7 and was just working out if anyone has worked out a way to get it working on any 64 bit editions of windows, cause i find it hard to believe that no one using the wifi has 64 bit windows.

cs01001

HSC
Yea my sister's laptop can't connect as well. Pretty frustrating when you ask Dell for support and they tell you to fork out $200+ for a 32bits Window 7 just to make it compatiable with the university Wifi network.

HSC
N/A
so get 32bit by other means.

it could also be other things.

for instance, i had to uninstall the new java (.8 something), and install to a .7.

then i also had to install all these other addons, tunnelview, netsomething
start the internet with IE, etc etc

mikerobertsn

HSC
nah its def the 64 bitness, cause it passes everything but fails installing the vpn driver, i know how easy it is to get a torrant of windows 32 bit lol thats how i got my windows 7 64 bit but it will take me a day to reinstall everything and put back my settings to the way i had them, and for wat a inferior operating system, i rekon someone must have cracked it, like i'm sure some asian IT students have.

mikerobertsn

HSC
its not that that is the issue, causeit passes that, its wen it tries to install the vpn adaptor it fails

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
That first thing I said used to be part of the issue. It is something to do with 64bit though, I know people who have taken it to IT support and they said they will need to do something on their end I think.

You could try IT support but I presume if there was away (other than using 32 bit on your machine) they would have put up a fact sheet

Last edited:

taker0

HSC
any 64 bit operating system is incompatiable with airUWS

however if you have currently enrolled in any unit in the school of computing and maths....UWS will give you windows 7 32 bit for free.

scumm

HSC
however if you have currently enrolled in any unit in the school of computing and maths....UWS will give you windows 7 32 bit for free.
Really? How do we go about doing this? I've been meaning to install it on my EeePC~

scumm

HSC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)