72.90ATAR and needed 73ATAR..... (1 Viewer)

samirs_maxin

HSC
I got a scholarship to UNSW (academic achievement award) and it gives 5bonus pts so with 73 I would have gotten into Bachelor of science which is 78 but I got a 72.90!!!
Do I still have a chance at this ??? just break to me cold turkey...........

dp624

HSC
the cutoffs change every year depending on how many people apply etc, don't they? you still have a chance

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
the cutoffs change every year depending on how many people apply etc, don't they? you still have a chance
It amazes me how many people don't get this concept that the cutoffs each year are dependent on supply and demand in the respective years!

To OP- don't worry. Just let things come. The whole point of the preference system is so that you need not worry about your ATAR or marks or anything... it just gives it to you based on preferences. Noone can tell you (in advance) with 100% surety that you will or will not get into a specific course. Therefore chillax and enjoy the holidays :)

Thecorey0

HSC
You are elgible for the HSC plus system at UNSW as well. If you got at least a band 4 in maths, the sciences or geography, you would get additional bonuses to your selection rank.

Monsterman

HSC
If you get close to it and they have space then you have a chance of getting in

samirs_maxin

HSC
You are elgible for the HSC plus system at UNSW as well. If you got at least a band 4 in maths, the sciences or geography, you would get additional bonuses to your selection rank.
I got band 5 in business studies, PD/H/PE and band 4 in biology (78) but I checked the UNSW website and it says *a maximum of 5points* the scholarship already offers 5 points so I cant have 6points

Thanks everyone for the replies very helpful !

Last edited:

Thecorey0

HSC
I got band 5 in business studies, PD/H/PE and band 4 in biology (78) but I checked the UNSW website and it says *a maximum of 5points* the scholarship already offers 5 points so I cant have 6points

Thanks everyone for the replies very helpful !
No. You can get a maximum of 10 bonus points from the AAA, HSC plus and the access scheme. So according to your results, you would get 5 from the AAA and 1 from the band 4 in biology. This leads to a selection rank of 78.90.

Also, if you go to a disadvantaged school, you would be elgible for more bonus points.

samirs_maxin

HSC
No. You can get a maximum of 10 bonus points from the AAA, HSC plus and the access scheme. So according to your results, you would get 5 from the AAA and 1 from the band 4 in biology. This leads to a selection rank of 78.90.

Also, if you go to a disadvantaged school, you would be elgible for more bonus points.
My school was ranked 630th last year and THANK YOU SO MUCH !!! you have made my day I am so relieved and happy thanks alot man !!!!!

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
as already said above, the cut offs change each year. though courses (depending on number of places available) may accept a couple of extra people in, even below the stated atar. also remember that you can take a full fee paying place which has a lower cut off, for the first year if this is a viable option for you. only thing with this is that if you wish to transfer to HECS after first year you need to maintain a credit/distinction average.
As of last year most DFEE places have been withdrawn, so you can only apply for CSP (HECS-HELP) now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)