900 places cut? (1 Viewer)

N

ND

In that SMH article, it said that macq was possibly going to cut 900 places. Do you think that this will affect acst? Hopefully they leave it alone cos everyone wants to do it. :p
Maybe its time to put something below acst on my pref list.

deyveed

School Leaver
HSC
I know eh?
Cutting 900 places is a huge effect on students.

RIZAL

HSC
yeah I heard about that........I think it's good because it means its harder to get into Macquarie which raises the standard and makes us look better ;)

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
ye makes us look better on uac guides
but really it juz means mq wants $$$ and is accepting more international students

^___^
HSC
900 places??

give and take the each course (popular and common ones with lots of intake) cut 20 places each...

ouch!!!

N

ND

Originally posted by Isaaq
yeah I heard about that........I think it's good because it means its harder to get into Macquarie which raises the standard and makes us look better ;)
Easy to say when you're already there. :p

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
I won't make much difference because they'll probably over-enrol ACST by maybe 40 next year... followin' trends. :p

Sammmmmuel

if they cut 900 places it will fuck everything up for all of us doing the hsc.... minimum course entry uais will go up in courses that dont cut places becuase there will be more demand for courses in unis without getting places cut... i just wanna say i am really fucking pissed off right now and if i could find someone to blame for this, i would unleash hell (eg vandalise their house, car, throw eggs at them and basically make their life hell).... bastard government so ignorant they dont realise how it affects everyone. If out government didnt get involved in this stupid propoganda war with the usa and spend all the moneym, which should be used on educating people instead of killing people, we would not be placed in this position. Anyone disagree with me (like think i sound like an idiot and wanna pay me out!) or want to calm me down please feel free to do so.... i want to hear other peoples opinions too not just my own... I AM NOW ABSOLUTELY STRESSED OUT ABOUT MY HSC AND WHAT MARK I WILL GET!!!

ricenoodles

HSC
Originally posted by flyin'
I won't make much difference because they'll probably over-enrol ACST by maybe 40 next year... followin' trends. :p
u better be right...

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
in the end, this is a cruel world and its every man for himself. Spend less time complaining and concentrate on getting a higher uai. =p

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by -=MLhtʻ=-
in the end, this is a cruel world and its every man for himself. Spend less time complaining and concentrate on getting a higher uai. =p
That's about the only thing you HSCers can do... alternately come to MQ and transfer after one semester... it's so easy, it's not funny. :p

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by ...
900 places??
u 4got the frown

anyway, imagine, arts might go up to 90s, that's absolutely ridiculous!

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Art won't go up to 90! (well, not a few years at least. :p)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
well thank goodness for that! i feel sorry for the people in the year that it will

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by iambored
well thank goodness for that! i feel sorry for the people in the year that it will
Well, I already feel sorry for your year, the UAIs (like price of things around us) seem to only be able to rise. :D

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Da Monstar
tch tch ... inflation ... :D:D
I'd be feelin' sorry for myself, but eh... I'm already in Uni. ;)

kt san

20 cuts per course, how many places all together.
like as a percentage how much is 20 place cuts?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)