99.2 ATAR HELP - Usyd/uts?? transfer? (1 Viewer)

baci

HSC
I received an ATAR of 99.2 which i'm extremely happy with.
However, the cutoff for 2015 for usyd is 99.5....

I am 0.3 points away from getting in.
What should I do?

I really want to study combined law, and I am wondering if it is better for me to pick a different university (e.g. UTS/Macquarie)
or if I should start in arts languages or something and hope to transfer.

The other factor is I have applied for EAS points.. If I am successful perhaps I will be able to get in to undergrad law?

Has anyone that has just missed this cutoff successfully transfered within usyd?
Or does anyone recommend UTS/Macquarie over Sydney?

Any advice would be much appreciated! :)

tyzzefloro

HSC
If ur EAS passes tomorrow you'll definitely get in. eg. 2014 admissions eas cut-off for law was 97.4

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
If EAS doesn't get you in, I'd recommend doing a single degree at USYD and transfer into Combined Law after a year. In my experience it's much easier transferring internally than externally.

baci

HSC
Thanks so much.
I am thinking of starting in an arts degree at Sydney and then transferring, however I am assuming this will require a D/HD average and consequently a lot of hard work.
I guess I am willing to put that in, however a part of me would love to have less pressure and just begin a combined law degree next year.

baci

HSC
My EAS was accepted by all institutions...
Does anyone know of someone getting into Bachelor of Int/Glob. Studies/Bachelor of Laws with EAS points or slightly below the cutoff?

tyzzefloro

HSC
probs need around 97.4 or above through broadway scheme (which is sydney's version of eas). So if ur eas passed for usyd i'd be very confident.

caufields

HSC
If EAS doesn't get you in, I'd recommend doing a single degree at USYD and transfer into Combined Law after a year. In my experience it's much easier transferring internally than externally.
Why? Is it less competitive (higher likelihood of getting in), or just an easier application process?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)