99.90 ATAR/ 99 UMAT/ 1st in English Adv/ 6th in Chem tutor!! (1 Viewer)

harrylim5

HSC
N/A
Hey guys we are a pair of siblings that are offering tutoring services to any HSC students in year 11/12, especially for those looking to get into medicine.

Harry: Hi I’m Harry and I’m currently in my third year of medicine at UNSW. I completed my HSC in Cherrybrook Technology High School in 2013 with an ATAR of 99.80, as well as coming 8th in state for ESL. I also achieved a UMAT score of 99.

Katie: Hii my name is Katie and I’m a first year medical student at UNSW. I graduated from Cherrybrook Technology High School in 2015, coming both 1st in state for English Advanced and 6th in state for Chemistry, as well as receiving an ATAR of 99.90.

Having achieved these results while attending a public school, we believe that everybody has the potential to do the same! Achieving good results in the HSC spans far beyond spending long hours rote-learning and studying; an understanding of exam techniques/ tips to maximise marks is what differentiates the outstanding student from the average ones. Both of us have over 4 years of experience in tutoring, and we’re confident that we can help you improve your knowledge of the exam content as well as structure your answers better.

If you’re looking to study medicine in the future, we’ve got an extra surprise for you! Medicine involves a highly competitive selection process that looks beyond your academic achievements, and that’s why students have to undergo the UMAT as well as an interview before being accepted into the degree. Between the both of us, we have received interviews/ offers from multiple universities to study medicine such as UNSW, University of Western Sydney, University of Newcastle, University of Melbourne, Monash University, University of Queensland, University of Adelaide and James Cook University. Through these experiences, we have come up with several tips We have transformed our experiences into the form of simple tips/techniques that will allow you to impress interviewers, improve your communication skills, answer general questions and finally ace the interview!

We are currently offering tutoring for the following subjects:
- English Advanced (Katie)
Texts: A Short History of Nearly Everything (Discovery), Richard/Looking for Richard (Mod A), Yeats (Mod B), Brave New World (Mod C)
- Chemistry (Katie)
Electives (Industrial Chemistry)
- Business Studies (Katie)
- Mathematics 2 Unit/ 3 Unit (Harry)
- UMAT (Harry)
- Medicine Interview Prep (Harry & Katie)

Interested? Please let us know! :)

*Classes will be held at UNSW Library or around the Kingsford area only

Contact details are as follows:
Harry (harrylim94@gmail.com/ 0452646414)
Katie (miaoyunn97@gmail.com/ 0451304017)

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
@Katie, may I ask but how did you achieve a first in the state rank for english and a 6th in the state rank for chemistry?

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Also @Katie, did you get any tutoring during your HSC year at all?

Lacia

HSC
Hi harry, in section 2 how can you be certain which answers is best solution. I mean the answers of the mutiple choices are so similar?

harrylim5

HSC
N/A
Hello sorry for the late reply.

@eyeseeyou: no I didn't but my brother was able to help me with most things as we did similar subjects. Understanding your syllabus well with good exam techiniques would probably be your best bet, but there's definitely a stroke of luck involved as well.

@lacia: try to first narrow down your answers by omitting the ones that are not as relevant. You are often left with two answers after that, and picking the right answers would depend on your experience in deciding which is more accurate. Practice definitely helps in this area!

knimo

HSC
N/A
Katie, you didn't anwer this question at all
Hey, did it ever occur to you that maybe she read her texts or at least attempted to? Seriously eyeseeyou, get a grip of yourself; you are really starting to annoy me with your vacuous and exasperating comments.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Hey, did it ever occur to you that maybe she read her texts or at least attempted to? Seriously eyeseeyou, get a grip of yourself; you are really starting to annoy me with your vacuous and exasperating comments.
Okay knimo I will start reading them tyvm

Also there are ppl who scored b6s without reading their texts believe it or not

And when I'm talking about stateranking it, I'm talking about exam wise, not so much textwise (if you get what I mean)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)