99.90 Ex-James Ruse UNSW med student - tutoring Chem/Maths/Jap **Free 1hr trial** (1 Viewer)

Llwu

HSC
99.90 Ex-James Ruse UNSW med student - tutoring Chem/Maths

Please note!! The thread title is outdated. I no longer teach Jap and instead of a free 1hr trial, I offer a discounted rate ($20) for the first lesson.

Hi :)

I’m Linda, currently a third year medical student at UNSW. I graduated from James Ruse in 2008 with a UAI of 99.90. For the past 3 years I’ve been tutoring high school students both in classes, and one-on-one, ranging from yr 7 – 12.

I am offering private tuition for Year 11 and 12 students for the following subjects, with a flat rate of $35/hr.

Chemistry

My weekly Chemistry lessons are usually 1-1.5hrs long, where each week I will teach you from a detailed booklet of notes, with homework questions derived from past papers for exam practice, and model answers to ensure you know how to gain every mark.

Maths 2U/3U

For each topic we go through together I will select the best notes from the range of resources I have to go through the theory with you, and work through examples to develop a thorough understanding. I will then set you a variety of homework exercises to consolidate what was learnt in the lesson - I strongly believe practice is essential for a good maths student.

I have experience with tutoring each of these subjects, and have useful notes, exercises and past papers to provide. Most critically – I have invaluable experience to share on how to achieve good marks – I received:

Chemistry (97)
Maths 3U (97)
Maths 4U (99)

My past students have found my best qualities as a tutor to be endless amounts of patience and dedication. I break things down into easy to understand chunks, and provide you with the resources and motivation to practice your skills and improve your knowledge. Any problems you have with my set homework, or your school work, I'm happy to help with.

I usually teach at Burwood library, but am also open to teaching at Campsie library.

If interested, please contact me at linda.wu1991@gmail.com .

I only have a limited amount of students I take each year, as I prefer to take fewer students and focus more time and energy on each. Similarly, I only take students who are willing to learn and put in the effort to attain their desired goals. It's your HSC, in the end it's what YOU make of it!

Good luck!

Linda

Last edited:

donaldduck

HSC
Linda recently tutored me in Chemistry and that was definitely really helpful.
Everything that I was unsure of was looked at more in depth and covered more, her explanations are great, notes are great.
She also has this booklet on how to approach typical or more difficult exam questions with sample solutions and marking guidelines (to James Ruse standards- you definitely want to be up to James Ruse standards)

Wish I had gotten her help before my half yearlies but before the trials is better than never!! - in fact it is the most important time.

Mostly she: saved hours and hours and hours of studying and revising time, and even told me stuff I hadn't learnt before and useful things for the exams :)

What I mean by all this is: recommended!!

(Free hour trial, take advantage of it!)

:)

dp624

HSC
ooohh how come i didn't see this before? hmm
but yes, absolutely awesome person, very dedicated/hardworking, probably interesting/fun lessons, and imo private tutoring >> colleges, colleges are just big scams to make money :p but yes, do give try/etc, you won't regret it, hahah :)
highly recommended indeed rararar; good luck!

l3lacksnow

HSC
Linda recently tutored me in maths and occasionally chemistry. I was lacking in year 11, almost till 3rd term when I decided to give Linda's tutoring a go! My maths rank went from 30ish to 4! I've gotta say, without her I would not have improved so much. Her lessons are always prepared, and she practically has a never ending supply of homework! She has been very motivational and inspirational which has led me to study even harder! So if anyone is having any doubt, forget about it! She's bloody good!

Llwu

HSC
nope sorry, only teach 2/3U maths, and chemistry now :)

SanjoyM

HSC
You should consider applying to tutor at either Dux College OR Matrix! Great results btw:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)