99.95 ATAR aim (1 Viewer)

Triage

HSC
N/A
With ATAR's out and now exactly a year until they are out again, it seems fitting to start my 99.95 journal (I was also inspired by the aero2146 thread). I do Chemistry, Economics, Advanced English and 3 + 4 unit Maths.

So far these holidays I have been working on finishing my notes on module 1 for chemistry, making notes on my next module for economics and doing past hsc papers and trial exams questions on complex numbers.

I'm not really a fan of writing those big shopping lists of things I'm going to do because I just want to keep it simple and make sure I can do everything I do at a high level rather than spreading myself too thin so to speak.

Anyway, I suppose this is just a procrastination attempt but I will be pretty happy if this translates into 99.95 now I have some weak form of online accountability.

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Haha yep I used to make all these fancy timetables and I NEVER (Not once) did I completely stick to it! Now I'm just like screw that shit I'm gonna actually study and not bother with timetables. I Just wrote down the main tasks I need to do in the holidays like mini assignments and homework. That way, less procrastination.

Good luck!

Cleavage

Clarence
HSC
Uni Grad
Good luck man,

Good to see someone else doing Adv English, MX1 + MX2, Chem and Economics.

Quick Q, are you using a textbook for MX2 at school? If so, which one? Im using Terry Lee.

jdennis

HSC
Study timetables dont work :(

Ive tried it many times LOL
Yep, same here - I find them useless and prefer 'to-do' lists.

99.95 is a pretty difficult goal... it's like the top 50 or so isn't it? Anyway good luck with it!

Thief

!!
HSC
Yep, same here - I find them useless and prefer 'to-do' lists.

99.95 is a pretty difficult goal... it's like the top 50 or so isn't it? Anyway good luck with it!
Top 48 this year.

study1234

HSC
I had this goal (99.95 ATAR) as well, and I tried to make a study timetable now. But like most others, it didn't work out. Looking back now, not having achieved my goal, I completely not regret following it. Make slightly easier realistic goals (even if they seem not much), and do everything you can to get them. Just remember at the back of your mind that if you don't follow your timetable and daily goals, you'll regret it in the end. Good luck!

Triage

HSC
N/A
I'm not coming in saying "my goal is 99.95" like saying "my goal is to go for a run this afternoon," because it's not a boolean thing. I will (more than likely) get an ATAR that is reasonably high and I don't have this idea that it is 99.95 or nothing. It is a target that I am looking at more as motivation to maybe get 98.5 or 99.00 or something that is very good by any other standard. I guess the "aim high so even if you fail you are still doing pretty well," kind of ideology.

Cheers for everyone wishing me good luck, good luck to all the rest of the class of 2014 with whatever their own aim may be as well.

And to Cleavage, I am using cambridge at school.

Last edited:

Triage

HSC
N/A
Top 48 this year.
48/55,000 lol. I think those odds would be absolutely laughed at by any community of people besides those on boredofstudies of which at least 48 people think that it will be them.

Triage

HSC
N/A
Good Luck!! Do you go to Ruse?
Cheers.

No I don't go to Ruse.

Just quick question to anyone, If you go to a high ranking school , lets say top 30 in the state, is it easier to estimate your ATAR from internal ranks as opposed to internal ranks from a school ranking 300?

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
48/55,000 lol. I think those odds would be absolutely laughed at by any community of people besides those on boredofstudies of which at least 48 people think that it will be them.
Fairly sure it's closer to 75,000-80,000 people who sit the HSC.

Examine

same
HSC
I'd say it's more reasonable to say 5000-10000, but GL nonetheless!

Cheers.

No I don't go to Ruse.

Just quick question to anyone, If you go to a high ranking school , lets say top 30 in the state, is it easier to estimate your ATAR from internal ranks as opposed to internal ranks from a school ranking 300?
Yes, since there is less of a chance of outliers, the marks are more bunched up in the higher ranges and the number of band 6's a ~relatively~ more consistent.

Triage

HSC
N/A
Awesome, can someone give me a quick estimate after first assessments.

maths extension 1 - 12/40
maths extension 2 - 12/18
english advanced 10/130
economics 5/35
chemistry 2/45

school rank 25ish

cheers

Examine

same
HSC
PM me your school. (I want to check the number of band 6's)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)