99.95 yr 7-12 Maths, Chem and Bio Tutor (1 Viewer)

maung

HSC
exBaulko 99.95 year 7-12 Mathematics, Chemistry and Biology Tutor!

yr 7-12 Maths (all levels including 4U),

yr 12 Chemistry (all 3 cores with option topic Chemistry of Art and Biochemistry of Movement) and

yr 12 Biology (all 3 cores option topics Genetics the Code Broken and Communication).

These are what i achieved during my HSC -->

In the HSC i came 8th in the state for Biology with a HSC mark of 97%
check http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/ebos/static/TAINC_2006_12.htm

I came 18th in the state for Chemistry with a HSC mark of 96%
check http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/ebos/static/TAINC_2006_12.htm

I was ranked 1st in the school for maths and got HSC marks of

99% for 3U maths and
97% for 4U maths.

I also did Advanced English and got 93%, and accelerated Economics and got 97% but will not be tutoring these subjects.

I would be most suited to those who live in the BLACKTOWN/PARRAMATTA area! (i.e. Western suburbs)
Prices are $35/hr.

NOTE

in 2009/2010 I will be tutoring 2U Maths and 3U Maths

Last edited:

maung

HSC
I have an unused preliminary Excel English Book and Macquarie Reading Tasks english book, if anyone wants to buy them.

Last edited:

maung

HSC
If you want to know my experience in teaching, throughout high school iv helped people with their mathematics, i had tutored a yr 11 student in maths and chemistry, and am currently tutoring yr 12 chemistry, biology, 2U, 3U and 4U maths, for 5 students all from selective high schools (though you dont have to be a selective high school person ofcourse)

haque

HSC
this guy is excellent-congrats on med maung-plus his attitude to english is pretty good lol(jks)

rtkl

HSC
Hey maung,1st of all i'd like to say wow u are super duper smart
but anyways i live like at least 2hrs + away from u, so i obviously cant be tutored.

Another thing wats ur opinion on dropping EXT2 Maths, im coming 1st in a comprehensive high school [out of 3] and i find some of the stuff in EXT2 Maths hard. any1 have any thoughs or ideas???

maung

HSC
rtkl said:
Hey maung,1st of all i'd like to say wow u are super duper smart
but anyways i live like at least 2hrs + away from u, so i obviously cant be tutored.

Another thing wats ur opinion on dropping EXT2 Maths, im coming 1st in a comprehensive high school [out of 3] and i find some of the stuff in EXT2 Maths hard. any1 have any thoughs or ideas???
Hey rtkl, thx for your kind comments, and its too bad you live so far ;) . My ideas on Ext2Maths are probably biased because i luvved the subject, i looked forward to doing 4u maths during the HSC cos it was challenging and hard. Good on ya for coming first even if it is only 3 pplz, cos rankings is the most important, marks aint (cos i maintained a 99.5% RAW average during the year for 4u maths but managed to only get 97% for my internal mark), my suggestion is to keep persevering with ext2 maths cos EVERYONE IN THE STATE finds it hard, and it is definitely worth keeping if you want a high uai :) I dont know about others, but cos i had finished a subject (economics 97% and i was confident about it counting for the uai), i dropped physics and kept 10 units that i liked (minus english) and so i had time to actually go through EVERY question in the Patel and Cambridge book, and by the time of the trials, i had finished ALL questions from trial papers, half yearlies and basically all of the HSC papers...the point is the more effort you put in, youll see it in results and i know from your rank youll do well, so keep it up!

maung

HSC
Here are my report marks during the HSC which gives you an idea what kinda marks you need to get around my marks

Half Yearly
English Advanced 97%
Maths Extension 1 99%
Maths Extension 2 99%
Chemistry 96%
Biology 96%

Trial HSC
English Advanced 93%
Maths Extension 1 100%
Maths Extension 2 100%
Chemistry 93%
Biology 96%

rtkl

HSC
Hey maung, thanks for the replies and might i add ur marks are outstanding :) i think i will try and equal them though i think thats impossible and thanks for the advise and seeing as though i really want a high UAI, i think i Shall keep the subject but im not sure if i can practise as much as you, so now i think i have to drop a subject cuz im doing 12 units. arhh... i wish my school offered accelerated classes in yr 10.
Anyways these are my subjects Advanced english, 4u maths, economics, business studies and physics. care to recommend which one to drop? and since i cant drop English and have no idea what i want to do in Uni i really have no idea what i should drop.

maung

HSC
rtkl said:
Hey maung, thanks for the replies and might i add ur marks are outstanding :) i think i will try and equal them though i think thats impossible and thanks for the advise and seeing as though i really want a high UAI, i think i Shall keep the subject but im not sure if i can practise as much as you, so now i think i have to drop a subject cuz im doing 12 units. arhh... i wish my school offered accelerated classes in yr 10.
Anyways these are my subjects Advanced english, 4u maths, economics, business studies and physics. care to recommend which one to drop? and since i cant drop English and have no idea what i want to do in Uni i really have no idea what i should drop.
My advise, i know cliche, but to go with your gut feeling, cos i was in the same situation same time last year. I had finished economics, having 12 units (eng, 4mat, chem, phy, bio) i was like i need to drop a subject so i can spend more time on english, my worst subject. I was doing reasonably well in all my subjects but i wanted to drop one - and it had to be either physics or biology. Even tho physics has 'mad' scaling and biology relatively 'poor' scaling, i chose to drop physics and kept biology - cos i loved biology, i understood it and i found it interesting. And people were shocked - cos they thought keeping physics was good for the uai etc....but in the end it all worked out - and biology (97) counted for my uai and not economics (97) ............so even tho business studies may have 'poor scaling' and economics 'high scaling', i suggest keeping the subject you are doing relatively well in RANKS (i.e. not in marks) and also that you 'love' (or like) to study for cos in the long term it will work out. :)

rtkl

HSC
Hey Maung, thank you once again for ur ideas and recommendations.
i haven't decided on anything yet (whether to drop or not) but seriously thanks a lot for the help. lol even though u have make a choice yet, I will remember ur recommendations

Thanks again:)

rtkl

HSC
ohh and another thing how many hours of sudy do u do/recommend for ext 2? and also greatly appreciate u answering all my questions. if u have any questions that i might be able to help u with ask me .... i owe u

maung

HSC
I would recommend as many hours it takes for you to finish 60% bookwork type questions and 50% hard type questions now, so that b4 your trials and HSC you can complete the other 40% bookwork questions, and 50% hard ext 2 quests.

Remember that your 3U is assumed knowledge for 4U, so dont forget to make sure the 3U course is always in your head and it should become like the 'alphabet' - u shuldnt be thinkin about the formulas etc

:)

CramMaster

HSC
Hey muang! I'm really interested in checking out your math tutoring. I really stuffed up my first 3U math assessment (35%), so is all really lost if I want to achieve 97UAI +? Im doing ok in my other subs..just 3U and 2U math are really letting me down.

What time is your tuition, and I would really appreciate it if you could private tutor me at say... Kogarah Library, but if that cannot be arranged I would gladly be able to be tutored in your house.

maung

HSC
CramMaster said:
Hey maung! I'm really interested in checking out your math tutoring. I really stuffed up my first 3U math assessment (35%), so is all really lost if I want to achieve 97UAI +? Im doing ok in my other subs..just 3U and 2U math are really letting me down.

What time is your tuition, and I would really appreciate it if you could private tutor me at say... Kogarah Library, but if that cannot be arranged I would gladly be able to be tutored in your house.

To get a UAI of 97+, you realli need to get an average of a low band 6 across your best 10 units, and i think you can still achieve it if you can at least get a whole year average of about 70-80% in 3U maths. Remember to move on from your first assessment and aim to do well in future ones.

Cya

Last edited:

shaaali

HSC
Firstly, CONGRATS MAUNG! you smarty-pants.

Anyway, this is drifting off the topic of 'tudoring' but i need your advice.
I currently do: adv eng + ext, geo, 2u maths, food tech (easiest subject EVER), bio and SOR 1.
Should i be dropping a subject in year 12?

I'd have to say my weakest subject is maths ( i got 52% in my last test - ohh i know, its shamefull). I really dont know what to do! Should i drop to general? Even though its scaled badly? Orshould i keep all 12 units and let maths not be counted to my UAI? OR should i completely drop maths and change to 4u english, seeing as most of my subjects aren't scaled so great. or do a combination of these things?

Any comments and/or suggestions wouls be GREATLY appreciated.

Cheers.

maung

HSC
shaaali said:
Firstly, CONGRATS MAUNG! you smarty-pants.

Anyway, this is drifting off the topic of 'tudoring' but i need your advice.
I currently do: adv eng + ext, geo, 2u maths, food tech (easiest subject EVER), bio and SOR 1.
Should i be dropping a subject in year 12?

I'd have to say my weakest subject is maths ( i got 52% in my last test - ohh i know, its shamefull). I really dont know what to do! Should i drop to general? Even though its scaled badly? Orshould i keep all 12 units and let maths not be counted to my UAI? OR should i completely drop maths and change to 4u english, seeing as most of my subjects aren't scaled so great. or do a combination of these things?

Any comments and/or suggestions wouls be GREATLY appreciated.

Cheers.
Hey Shaali
I think it is a good idea to have 'backup' units, incase you realise at the end of yr 12 that you might not be good at a subject that you originally thought you were in. For maths, i would say never drop to general unless you are really struggling -- i have looked at the general maths textbooks and it isnt challenging at all (it is yr 10 level maths). Personally, i would be bored of general maths. Well you know that you are weak at maths - so you can either try harder and improve or drop it all together.
Remember though, even though '4U english' sounds good and all, it is pretty hard to get good marks in it unless you put alot of effort in it. I would think doing better in 2u maths would be easier than doing 4u english (also my own opinion).

Final tip: Do subjects you are passionate about, that you like studying for and subjects you wont be bored doing for the whole of yr 12. For me i was passionate about chemistry and biology, and i loved doing maths problems.

I hope that helps and goodluck with yr 11 and the hsc!
Henry

ViRtUaL

1/cosC GSXR1000
HSC
hey henry. kaivan here, i met u at medcamp (same cabin), remember? i never realised maung was you until I saw yur signature saying first year medicine. then my brain connected yur online persona to the shifty mafia guy noone ever suspected.

boys and girls, henry's marks and ranks speak for themselves, he only missed out on a 100 coz of his english. he is clearly teh awesome.

Last edited:

maung

HSC
Hey Kaivan, wow nice to see you at these forums.

Thanks for the support. ( for people wondering...i do go to unsw for medicine)

My tutoring is not limited to yr 12 students, if some of you smart yr 11s want to start the HSC course early (for chem, bio, 2/3/4U maths), contact me and im willing to give you a head start over others.

Cya
Henry

(how do i delete my old thread ?)

ViRtUaL

1/cosC GSXR1000
HSC
to delete a post click on edit. delete the first post u made. that deletes the whole thread. i think. or just pm a mod to do it for you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)