• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

A BSc in 2 years (1 Viewer)

CM_Tutor

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Ziff
Because if you make any discoveries whilst doing the PhD the university owns it? Something like that.
No. PhD students own any IP that they create, unless they sign an agreement giving up their IP rights at the start - this tends to occur with industry partnerships.

For example, I own all of the IP that I have created, and it cannot be used by the University unless it is published, or unless some other arrangement is reached - as part of a Patent, for example.

CM_Tutor

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by JKDDragon
So do you actually get recognised in your Masters certificate whether you obtained a Masters via coursework or research? Obviously research is higher right.. and employers should see this as significant..?
Not on the testamur, but it would be clear on the transcript.

As for employers, it depends what they are looking for. If they wanted a researcher, then certainly by research is more important. If they wanted coursework-type knowledge - for example, in an MBA - then coursework is fine. My MEd, when I finish it, will be a coursework degree.

saves.the.day

HSC
Originally posted by xiao1985
lolz i think it is....

do full on summer winter schools... do 30 cp each sem... yea, i think it is possible =)
whoa.. 30cp is really crazy. I know a person in science doing 24 cp and his hours are really really long because science adds those pesky labs which can really increase your hours/week.

In my opinion.. it can be done in 2 years if you take summer classes.. but you'll miss out on the holidays etc.

Last edited:

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
yea, i shoulda done 30 cp this sem if the tt is right... =(

majorly not cool... but then, if i had doen 30 cp thsi year, i prolly be dead by the age of 18 =p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)