a competitive industry? (1 Viewer)

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
i'm considering doing Media and communications but i've heard that its a very very cut throat competitive industry as well as being very white dominated- i have nothing against white people, i've just heard that being non-white in this industry could work against me.
are these just myths or are they true?

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
I can't say that I've ever heard about the white thing :/ Ever. And even if the statistics show white people dominating the field, it's not as though your skin colour is going to disadvantage you.

It's always competitive. Everything is very competitive.

And you only need to make this thread once.

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
lol sorry, just wanted to get the most out of my question, won't do it again

cbadvanced

Air Wick
HSC
the only reason why its "white dominated" is because of the lack of other races even TRYING to break into the industry due to "what they've heard" (so then they go try other fields such as commerce and science)

It all works out though if you think abou it. If it's mainly white people trying to break into the industry, then inevitably a majority of people in the industry will be white...

dont let the whole "oww theres no future in this industry" bs told by idiots screw you over. Do what you enjoy, if you WANT to study Media and Communications then do it, I doubt you'll get nowhere.

biggie walls

HSC
if you don't get hired due to your skin colour you'll have a sweet legal case and a huge compensation payout... so its win win really

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
biggie walls said:
if you don't get hired due to your skin colour you'll have a sweet legal case and a huge compensation payout... so its win win really
How would you prove it.

*rUsTy*

HSC
Yeah, it's definately extremely competitive from what I've heard because I too want to get into that industry but I don't think it's discriminatory against different races etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)