A couple of pieces of advice... (1 Viewer)

CoYLiE

I just thought I'd write here something for all of the ext 2 starting this year...

Don't leave it until the last minute!!!

Why? You may ask... because things are bound to go wrong (as happened with me). Make sure you have your schedule and you stick to it. Make use of any free time you have to work on it... because inevitably heading towards that date next year you'll begin to get more and more stressed until it ends up being the night before it's due and you have nowhere to print out hard copies of your website because it's past 7pm, and you had to spend the whole night printing it out on a shitty bubble jet printer.

So get a start on it early... you're bound to change your idea at least a couple of times... i went from website, to critical response, to play, to poetry, and back to a totally different website.

And remember... have fun... because basically in no other subject do you have any such freedom to do what you want and when you want to do it.

Any other ppl with such stories of absolute disaster on the day before it was due?? all nighters where coffee was spilt on scripts or computers blowing up?? tehehe

bookboy18

Knight of the PIGhood
I don't have any stories of despare but i do have a tip or two.

When you have written what you believe to be your final copy, just set it aside for a week and relax. Then after the week is up read through the work again for you will have a totally different fealing towards it and you will be able to look at it more critically.

Secondly, don't get too attached to your work. Usually what you think is perfect is not even. Get a few different people to read it and chart what they say about the work. Then go back over it many more times. The only time the work is perfect is when you have no more time to work on it.

Cheers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)