A couple of questions related to Frankenstein (1 Viewer)

Twickel

HSC
What can you say about the context in which Shelley wrote Frankenstein?

What do you see as the purpose of Frankenstein?

How does letter one of Frankenstein establish the concepts of the module?

Choose a scene in Frankenstein and explain how specific language techniques are used to convey the concepts of the module

Last edited:

Zorbini

HSC
Before asking questions, take time to read through the sheets you were given about Frankenstein. Trust me, it will help :)

You might also like to read the outcomes of the assessment:

6. Engages with the details of text in order to respond critically and personally.

Don't get someone else to do it, otherwise you will lose marks.

KayJayBird

HSC
What can you say about the context in which Shelley wrote Frankenstein?

What do you see as the purpose of Frankenstein?

How does letter one of Frankenstein establish the concepts of the module?

Choose a scene in Frankenstein and explain how specific language techniques are used to convey the concepts of the module
Wow! that's a lot of questions but yeah we have the same sort of things, when you talk about the context in which shelley wrote Frankenstein, it is important to consider the scientific developements in her period of time, they had a major influence on her work, as scientists of the time were exploring life and means of creating it.

And definately look at all the sheets that your teacher has given you, they will help you to understand the concepts and therefore the purpose of Frankenstein.

And I am not entirely sure of the last one, ask me more if you don't understand :)

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
and romanticism, the focus on nature in the text.

keetah_x0

HSC
there was a lot of death in mary shelleys life when she wrote frankenstein. its quite sad and ironic, her life after she finished writing frankenstein, greatly reflected what occurs in the book itself - but thats a bit irrelevant. anyway, i think it wud help if u read up on her family, it was quite a famous one too. also the concept of free love, both her parents and her husband (percy shelley - poet and editor of the first version of frankenstein) were strong advocates of this idea (as well as her) and this is clearly reflected in the book.

u shud also read a bit about romanticism (obviously) and gothic texts - marys was one of the first of this kind.

ooo and she wrote it as a challenge initially by a famous poet-baron (i forget his name, sorry but im sure u can find him on the net)

hope this helps =]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)