• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

A decade in jail for vandalism (1 Viewer)

dilroy

HSC
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,21468557-38196,00.html

I wish there were laws in Australia that would increase the punishment against graffiti hoons aka low-life scum bags. Right now these kids just get a slap on the wrist, then they go back to the spray shop and use their centrelink money to buy some more sprays...

For someone like me to go to university by public transportation and see this type of filth pisses me off, we have degrading pieces of shit in our community that deserve a barrel full of lead in their heads. Maybe abit too far but these vandalism kids should at least be required to clean up their own mess, the shit they do on trains and walls which tax payers money are required to clean up. If they don't do it the government should take away their centrelink income and force them to rot on the streets where they deserve to live their miserable lives until they die.

Oh yeah I forgot... and what are your opinions. 10 years IMO is abit too harsh :wave:

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I think that good people make mistakes and shouldn't have to pay too much for it the first time. I think a second offense even of a minor crime should be an automatic 10 years or something.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
I think that colourful graffiti actually looks kinda nice. An inner-city suburb (Redfern, Darlington, Erskinville, Marrickville etc) just wouldn't look right if there wasn't any colourful graffiti. I hate the signiture stuff that's basic and shitty, but the detailed stuff is awesome.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
i dont really care about sprayed on 'vandalism' its just art. The stuff that pisses me off is senseless destruction.

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
dilroy said:

...we have degrading pieces of shit in our community that deserve a barrel full of lead in their heads...

...Oh yeah I forgot... and what are your opinions. 10 years IMO is abit too harsh...
lawl?

i reckon the punishment should be much harsher. its more about the principle of it though. i dont really mind the actual appearance of it (maybe ive become attuned to the spam that is the streets of redfern), but whether it be "art" or a scribbled name they should have respect for private/public property that is not their own.

if they think its so hip then they should freaking do it in their own bedroom. spraying in public seems more like a cry for attention.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
I think that colourful graffiti actually looks kinda nice. An inner-city suburb (Redfern, Darlington, Erskinville, Marrickville etc) just wouldn't look right if there wasn't any colourful graffiti. I hate the signiture stuff that's basic and shitty, but the detailed stuff is awesome.
Yeah, there are some nice graffiti art around.

I think - they should hold competitions for these folks - like the middle of the night in some place and put it on tv, with full commentary and shit. would be awesome.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
dilroy said:

I wish there were laws in Australia that would increase the punishment against graffiti hoons aka low-life scum bags. Right now these kids just get a slap on the wrist, then they go back to the spray shop and use their centrelink money to buy some more sprays...

For someone like me to go to university by public transportation and see this type of filth pisses me off, we have degrading pieces of shit in our community that deserve a barrel full of lead in their heads. Maybe abit too far but these vandalism kids should at least be required to clean up their own mess, the shit they do on trains and walls which tax payers money are required to clean up. If they don't do it the government should take away their centrelink income and force them to rot on the streets where they deserve to live their miserable lives until they die.

Oh yeah I forgot... and what are your opinions. 10 years IMO is abit too harsh :wave:

The story you quoted is completely out of context to that of your post.

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
Well, I do think that some graffiti looks nice, but they still dont have the right to scribble on property thats not their own. But, i think that they should be punished for the stupid crap like: "X waz here" or "X luvs Y", etc.

dilroy

HSC
Yeah some are alright, the more 'artistic ones' as long as it's not on private property. The idiots who spray their stupid low-life centrelink gang names should be put on an island and shot dead because their lives are a waste to humanity and Earth eg. the infidels who spray "KS GanGz RePresEntt..." (some idiot vocabulary which idiot low-life gangs like to use) or * insert* "We wish we were African American" wannabee kiddy lollipop gangs.

I wonder if all hell will break loose when this King dies, I know the son is pretty much a dropkick...

alby

cool duckie
HSC
the only reason he got such a long sentancing:
1) its portraits of the freaking king
2) 5 counts
3) thailand's crazy

jimmayyy

HSC
dilroy said:
I wish there were laws in Australia that would increase the punishment against graffiti hoons aka low-life scum bags.
lmao how are they low life scum bags they are fucking kids who make art? we have people in this country who rape/murder/rob on a daily basis, where is the call for a crack down on them?

bigger fish to fry, mate.

and increase the punishment? are you mentally retarded or something?

give them more legal walls to do their thing without damaging private properly and better accessability to cans (elminating the need to shoplift) and see wat happens. if it is STILL such a problem, for sure make harsher penalties, but the government has never tried to address this problem.

u are never going to get a world where no one is a vandal. as long as spray paint, permanant markers and pens are legal, u will get graffiti. simply waging a war on these kids who hit up old, disused property like in redfern and train yards (honestly, who gives a fuck if a train has graffiti on it? its a fucking train) is a horrible way to solve the problem. all you are doing is inticing them more

i was still writing around the time when they tried to really crack down on the scene, and all it did was fire up mostly the younger kids in the scene to wreck MORE shit. transit guards are a massive part of the problem too. cunts think they are police or something.

you cant begin to solve the problem if u dont understand why people do it in the first place. the youth of today has NO OTHER WAY to expand its energy, so it goes into things like graff. its all about getting fame and acceptance they otherwise dont get.

i agree with whoever said "i dont mind the art, just the senseless destruction"

as a former writer myself, i can tell you that the shitty little tags you see and the senseless damage of public properly does NOT represent even a fraction of the graff community.

sweeping generalisations ahoy!

bshadrian

HSC
dilroy said:

i think that article hardly relates to graffiti at all, he got ten years for vandalism on portraits of the king. And i think your making a stereotypical view which is completely wrong about graffiti artist, what makes you think that theyre all on centrelink? how many people do you know do graffiti and how many of which are on centrelink? i also think your taking such a bitch stance to graffiti, the problem here isnt even that bad theres alot of other things which is much worst . your a fuckin idiot and so single minded about the situation

bshadrian

HSC
oh and by the way your more likely to get world peace or even cityrail running efficiently before you stop graffiti so get used to it:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)