A few Enrolment Questions :D Thanks (1 Viewer)

MilkDrinker

HSC
Hi Everyone,
hope your enrolments are going well and that you got into what you wanted.

I have a few questions:
1) I have made my timetable
Capture.JPG
but how do I actually know that what I did is correct and that I have completely enrolled?
2) In my timetable, I only chose the option to automatically create a timetable, is this just where they fit it in together in anyway. Is it more worth it to organise it on rectangles then put it into the unsw website?

Thanks a lot,
cya

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Hi Everyone,
hope your enrolments are going well and that you got into what you wanted.

I have a few questions:
1) I have made my timetable
View attachment 29730
but how do I actually know that what I did is correct and that I have completely enrolled?
2) In my timetable, I only chose the option to automatically create a timetable, is this just where they fit it in together in anyway. Is it more worth it to organise it on rectangles then put it into the unsw website?

Thanks a lot,
cya
1. Your boxes are blue, you're enrolled.
2. Never press auto-enrol. It's better to pre-plan your classes manually using the timetable website: http://timetable.unsw.edu.au/ , and then enrol in the courses you want. This way, you can plan your timetable to your own needs - for instance, "I want to finish before 3pm every day" or "I have work on Monday until 12, I need all my Monday classes to start at least after 1" and stuff like that.

kurst

HSC
Uni Grad
i think the auto timetable thing just puts you in the classes which are least full, whereas with rectanges it will get you the timetable with the least hours at uni, most sleep in time, etc. i just did rectangles for your classes and you could have it way more compact!

MilkDrinker

HSC
Oh, ok, great. Thanks for that info.

So, can I keep changing my times if I find a timetable I like better?

also, just out of curiousity, to get scaling of distances in my mind, how long would it take for example to walk from the physics Theatre to Sir John Clancy Auditorium?

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad

also, just out of curiousity, to get scaling of distances in my mind, how long would it take for example to walk from the physics Theatre to Sir John Clancy Auditorium?
you'll be in john clancy for only one week for engg1000, it doesn't matter

MilkDrinker

HSC
you'll be in john clancy for only one week for engg1000, it doesn't matter
Is that what the Class Clash means?

But just so I know roughly, how long is the walk between those to buildings?

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Is that what the Class Clash means?

But just so I know roughly, how long is the walk between those to buildings?
it's a trek, pretty far from each other but it's only for week 1 so I wouldn't change the timetable over it

MilkDrinker

HSC
I wasn't thinking of changing the timetable because of the distances. These were two unrelated inquiries. I was just curious the distances between buildings and how long a trip would take me to walk it :D

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

Yes, if there is room in the classes you want to move into.

Also, 5 minutes - probably?

aphorae

HSC
Uni Grad
5 minutes from the Physics Theatre to John Clancy???? Are we thinking of the same building or do you fly?? That's almost from one side of the uni to the other, and uphill. Probably 15 minutes if you walk at a reasonable pace and don't mind stairs, from the time it takes you to get out of the theatre and seated in Clancy.

D94

HSC
N/A
5 minutes from the Physics Theatre to John Clancy???? Are we thinking of the same building or do you fly?? That's almost from one side of the uni to the other, and uphill. Probably 15 minutes if you walk at a reasonable pace and don't mind stairs, from the time it takes you to get out of the theatre and seated in Clancy.
Not 15 minutes, but a slow 8 minute walk, 5 if you power walk/jog. Either way, it's not a nice walk.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
This is why you walk through the way that doesn't use (that many) stairs.

From Physics Theatre, exit near Red Centre and turn right through that alleyway behind the Red Centre that passes through Rex Vowels (or whatever that theatre is called). Go up the ramp that passes by Mech. Eng, then go around Scientia to the left via the ramp, straight ahead through where the Scholarships Office is, turn left after the post-office, continue straight, turn right at Biblio to where the Matthews Theatres are - exit straight ahead, and turn left. You'll be at John Clancy.

I walk fast, that'd take me five minutes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)