A Few Questions :) (1 Viewer)

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
1) Write an Equation showing carbon dioxide in water ( i did this) Explain in terms of Le Chattliers principle why high pressure Carbon dioxide is used to increase the ammount which dissolves.....
( i know all reactions for CO2 with water... but i cant seem to find one which supports Le Chattliers principle in increasing pressure resulting in more CO2)

2) Explain why its difficult to titrate a weak acid and weak base?
(im thinking its cause equivalence point is around 7 and closest indicator 6-7.6 Bromothymol Blue which would be inaccurate)

3) Name this Compund C2F4Cl2 (i know how to pretty much name it... but for the flourine... is it QuarFluro... ??? like whats at start of the name... (hope you understand what i mean))

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY HELP :):):):):):):)

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
1) increasing pressure favors side with less moles of gas (ie, the side of carbonic acid), hence favoring more carbon dioxide to dissolve.

2) equivalence point hard to pinpoint

3) dichlorotetrafluoroethane

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
thanks again Xia

could you just help me with this last question

1) How could you make sure Anhydrous Na2CO3 reamins Anhydrous?

brenton1987

HSC
N/A
wrxsti said:
1) How could you make sure Anhydrous Na2CO3 reamins Anhydrous?
Heat it to over 100<sup>o</sup>C to drive off the water. Keep it under 800<sup>o</sup>C so you dont end up calcinating the Na<sub>2</sub>CO<sub>3</sub> to Na<sub>2</sub>O and CO<sub>2</sub>

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
brenton1987 said:
Heat it to over 100<sup>o</sup>C to drive off the water. Keep it under 800<sup>o</sup>C so you dont end up calcinating the Na<sub>2</sub>CO<sub>3</sub> to Na<sub>2</sub>O and CO<sub>2</sub>
well answered.

Also keep in dessicator to store when not in use. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)