a few random questions ;) (1 Viewer)

dancin_beanie

HSC
N/A
booo to no concession rates for international students haha... that would be nice :p
however we don't really offer much student discount rates except for on long distance travelling and stuff but then again, i haven't travelled aall that much around here so i don't exactly know! i do know i got a student discount on my flight!!! :)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I know a cheap way to get around Sydney without a student discount on transport :D

If you happen to be going to say, into Sydney, to look at the bridge, opera house, then jumping on a ferry to go to Manly. Buy a day tripper. Its only $15 and will let you travel on as much government transport as you like for one day.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
hehe ... I did work experience back in year 11 for STA :p

Good and cheap company. By cheap, I don't mean stingy :p

dancin_beanie

HSC
N/A
oh nice day trippers sound pretty reasonable ;)

i guess it's more expensive to take normal transit to the beach or something?? :(
do u guys have to pay to use the beach also? i know at some beaches in the states u have to :p

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
As if we would pay to use the beach. The only thing you would ever pay for is to park near the beach (which is a rip off anyway) its best to take transport to the beach.

L

LaraB

dancin_beanie said:
booo to no concession rates for international students haha... that would be nice :p
however we don't really offer much student discount rates except for on long distance travelling and stuff but then again, i haven't travelled aall that much around here so i don't exactly know! i do know i got a student discount on my flight!!! :)
lol - well in all seriousness, i reckon at least 90% of teh inetrnational students i know have sooooo much more money than us locals lol....

plus - if u come from somewhere with a better currency than here lol - think of it like everything's cheaper than back home:)

dancin_beanie

HSC
N/A
haha yah i guess that's a good way of looking at it lara ;)
however, the canadian dollar and aus dollar isn't much of a difference.. about 12cents cheaper for me.. but i guess it does all add up!! it'd be lots cheaper if i were american haha! but i hear u guys don't really like americans all that much anyhow so it's better that i am canadian ;) hahaha

but don't worry, i won't tell anyone ;)

dancin_beanie

HSC
N/A
hahaha skank :p that's funny!!!

well skanks come in all shapes and sizes and from all cultures.. but americans...hmmm well they do have a much bigger population sooooooo...

anyway! tehee
the thing is.. alot of people who go on exchange do it to meet other people and to party till they drop... there's more to an exchange than just partying.. u can party anywhere ;) to get me wrong.. have fun, it's a once and a life time opportunity but... yah u get my drift!

i'm just so excited about meeting tons of wickid people (aussies) and travelling and having fun... haha oh yeah.. and studying lol (ewww studying) lol

colonial1770

HSC
americans are a 'bigger population' alright, when i was in honolulu those enormous american women wearing skimpy swimsuits planted their huge arses on the beach. it looked like a pod of beached whales.ewww

klh

HSC
ok...but aussies are quite americanis[z]ed with most shows on our tv stations form america, comedy/drama/etc. we dont hate...such a strong word..maybe tired? lol
yeah...your stuff is much cheaper than it is in Australia..sure the exchange rate but you are nearer to America, get alot of trade etc while we are farther and harder to get to, smaller market etc. so some of our stuff cosnt more. I mean your computer prices make me whinge...well i am talking about the stuff that costs at the higher end anyway.

dancin_beanie

HSC
N/A
oh but that's buying stuff online though.. that's different!!!

colonial that was hilarious!! hahahha "bigger population"

most of the television shows here are american also!! i guess they're jsut the norm :p

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
The Americans at Taronga Zoo today pissed me off so much. They nag me as to why I was in the seal and penguin enclosure. I'm like HELLO!! Badge saying VOLUNTEER!!! Silly yanks can't read. Thats all :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)