A few random tips (1 Viewer)

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
skypryn said:
seriously wtf is wrong with you guardian? why do people want stickys. thats so gay. "yaya now my name is near the top of the page and people are more likely to reply to my posts". anything like competing for number of posts is the gayest thing ive ever heard of. anyway, this is so NOT a good post. you go to an hsc tips site and copy some of their tips. you should do the sturt u site for all subs and then youd get more stickies! deadshit.
umm i believe it should be stickied because IT WILL BE USEFUL FOR EVERYONE who visits this part of the forum

so stfu.

Li0n

spiKu
HSC
:: ryan.cck :: said:
umm i believe it should be stickied because IT WILL BE USEFUL FOR EVERYONE who visits this part of the forum

so stfu.
shut
DOWN and a half!

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
Yo question , do the HSC markers care if we leave equations in y= mx +b form if they dont state to leave it in a specific form?

tennille

HSC
i dont think it really amtters if its in that form or general form.

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
i dont suppose you all have a set timing for Each question ( 1 , 2 ... 10) , and how long to dwell on an individual Question

lucyinthehole

but the first 7 questions usually take as long as the last 3

well, that's what i find anyway when i do practices

bloodysunday

Galactic Hitch-hiker
HSC
true. i guess you'd just have to make up a little timetable thing for yourself. thats assuming that it will take you the entire 3 hours to do everything. usually i have at least 15 minutes left over anyway

~> KAReN.

HSC
i make so many stupid mistakes ... like calculation/arithmetic errors, they cost me a lot in exams

HSC
I hate the stupid mistakes.
Positives instead of negatives, rounding off incorrectly (not so much now), writing the correct answer THen scribbling it out and writing the wrong one cause i thought the one that was right was wrong.........the list goes on.
I remember in my first assessment if i had not done stupid mistakes i would have gotten 20% higher from 60ish to (you guessed it) 80ish.
So yeah, thats all i gotta say. Stupid mistakes are my worst enemy.

Estel

Tutor
HSC
No such thing as getting 20% marks lost solely because of stupid mistakes.

You don't make stupid mistakes as much if you know the material well:
do a yr 7 arithmetic exam. If you double check everything, I doubt you will get less than 95%. If you know the material well, you will also have more than enough time to check more than twice = 100%!

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
Doing lots of past papers helps to eliminate stupid mistakes.

Estel

Tutor
HSC
That is certainly true.

reminds me of the time I did a q and forgot to + C.
I got t>0 for my domain.

Part iii) find when particle is 1% of INITIAL speed
hmmm!

never again will I forget +C :p

adcarson

HSC
my maths teacher always tricks everyone with the +C thing cause everyone forgets it, it sucks balls

MaryJ_

HSC
Maths is going to make me insane. During the year everything goes great, I even do really well in topic tests. Unfortunately, when it cam to the half yearly, the marks for each quetion just slowly decreased as it went on. By question 10, I got 0 /12. I just get so exhausted after the first hour and a half. I manage to apply my formulas in ridiculous ways that really have no explanation. I think the tip about spending a minute planning how you are going to approach each question comes in here.
While I was doing the exam I thought, hey this isn't too bad, I'll do really well. My 53% told me that I was wrong. It was definitely a combination of fatigue and not enough practice. Take it from a crammer, last minute formula memorising won't get you through it!
Funny thing is I got a letter congratulating me on my performance and hard work in Maths and another couple of subjects. I figure my teacher sent it out before she saw my mark lol.

Great_Tree

HSC
For example, a question says to evaluate a certain equation and to give the answer to 3 significant figures. If you can't do the equation and get the right answer, right a random number to 3 significant figures. . . you get one mark!

hehe, before anyone says im plagiarising, I got most, if not all, of this from the hsc.csu.edu.au website. Check it out, but it takes a while to navigate. hehe[/QUOTE]

This is definitetly WRONG, my Maths Head Teacher told us that if you don't show the working and got the right answer straight away, then you will get zero for that.
if you got the answer wrong but showed some working out, that will get you some marks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)