A good way to study- Consumers (1 Viewer)

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Ok what does the Fair Trading Act 1987 (NSW) cover?

monique66

miss_gtr said:
it means that only the persons involved in a contract can enforce it, only the parties signed in the contract under it can sue/enforce the law under it. case for this : donoghue vs stevenson.. even though mrs donoghue was not party to the contract of the sale of this drink (with snail in it) she was liable because she was injured in this situation.
yeah, i remember reading that a consumer can be anyone affected by a good or service. For example if your bro/sis goes out and buys spray paint and the can explodes you can claim damages on their behalf...

goan_crazy

HSC
Rep 4 damnation, she deserves it ;) ive been givin her a hard time with these questions :)
miss_gtr i tried reppin u and it says you must spread some rep round b4 giving it 2 miss_gtr again :(

monique66

joe_m_2000 said:
Ok what does the Fair Trading Act 1987 (NSW) cover?
This protects (from the top of my head) consumers from unfair trading by producers and suppliers and is used to cover the loopholes in the Trade Practices Act as it covers areas of business within NSW and not the whole country.

monique66

damn...too late and too crap...oh well, i thought my last point was valid enough :p

goan_crazy

HSC
You guys are so knowledgable on consumers!
congrats! :cool:
Next question:
Name some Legislation affecting Credit Transactions

monique66

miss_gtr said:
lol really? dont think u wuld get far.. cuz u didnt buy it.. u could.. if they died/ or were grievously injured. so lol yeh.. u could too!
are you agreeng or diagreeing with me here? i can't seem to tell, but yeah you can. It says so in the textbook *hails textbook* nuff sed :)

goan_crazy

HSC
Legislation affecting Credit Transactions
Insurance Contracts Act 1984 (Cth)
Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)

goan_crazy

HSC
ok well i jus got it out of sum1s notes who got band 6 :p
next question: what is a billing contract?

goan_crazy

HSC
miss_gtr said:
well if u have notes, whyu asking us... what section is it under then?
im testing u coz u guys have done it :p
next question:
How effective is the Law in protecting Consumers, Manufacturers/suppliers

goan_crazy

HSC
i dont do modern history :p
it was melsc who started the first one but she doesnt do history either
thanks 4 poppin in braindrainedAsh good 2 c ya:)
btw did u get my bday wish-happy bday!

manifestation

What?!
HSC
Hello fellow consumerers! LOL! I'm going to join now and i really hope this question hasnt been asked yet:

What is state regulation? And what are the advantages of state regulation and disadvantages

monique66

manifestation said:
Hello fellow consumerers! LOL! I'm going to join now and i really hope this question hasnt been asked yet:

What is state regulation? And what are the advantages of state regulation and disadvantages
State regulation exists when the state controls the behaviour of certain industies or trades. This is done through the use of legislation enforced by certain areas of the state and also bodies established by the govt for that purpose. Advantages of state regulation include the fact that the state does not have any involvement in the industry and can make unbias and fair rulings. However, if media and lobby groups exert pressure the govt may make decisions that would gain short term electoral victory.
Hope thats right :D
Next Question: What is self-regulation and what are its advantages and disadvantages?

monique66

can someone help me out with these q's i cant seem to find them in the textbook :D
9. How does the reform of contract law to introduce the concept of reliance aid the pursuit of justice?

10. Identify the four occasions when common law will intervene to provide a remedy in the area of contract law.

Jonathan A

HSC
damnation said:
can someone help me out with these q's i cant seem to find them in the textbook :D
9. How does the reform of contract law to introduce the concept of reliance aid the pursuit of justice?

10. Identify the four occasions when common law will intervene to provide a remedy in the area of contract law.
9. leave it to you guys and gals....

10. Breach of Contract (Damages) and when there is a Mistake (not really a remedy, but the court will declare there was no contract). Common Law is very limited, hence I don't know when they would otherwise intervene. THe other remedies are in Equity.

Last edited:

Jonathan A

HSC
damnation said:
State regulation exists when the state controls the behaviour of certain industies or trades. This is done through the use of legislation enforced by certain areas of the state and also bodies established by the govt for that purpose. Advantages of state regulation include the fact that the state does not have any involvement in the industry and can make unbias and fair rulings. However, if media and lobby groups exert pressure the govt may make decisions that would gain short term electoral victory.
Hope thats right :D
Next Question: What is self-regulation and what are its advantages and disadvantages?
Pretty much right. Another problem with regulation in contracts is the intervention in the costs. The Court traditionally don't like intervening in how much money has been decided on for a contractual deal. The reason is simply found in Justice Kirby's judgement in Woolworths v Kelly (1991) that the law does not seek to impose superintendence on ecomic liberty. Mainly because lawyers are not economists.

goan_crazy

HSC
*bump to the consumers study thread*
Trials are on next week
this can be a study aid

question:
what are the 7 essential elements of a contract?

goan_crazy

HSC
Just bumping this so that ppl can "study" instead of procrastinating like me

next question: What are the essential elements of a contract

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)