A Guide To USYD's Timetables and Enrolment Variation (1 Viewer)

Weeber

HSC
N/A
@Weeber

Keep blocking etc when customising your class times and you may get the classed you want. Keep at it for a couple of days until classes start.
So like different combinations of session blocks until I get it?

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
So like different combinations of session blocks until I get it?
Pretty much. :/ For the last two years I blocked out a lot of sessions and kept at it for a couple of days before I got the classes I wanted. But remember that some classes are full and that some students want the same classes you do. :)

Weeber

HSC
N/A
Pretty much. :/ For the last two years I blocked out a lot of sessions and kept at it for a couple of days before I got the classes I wanted. But remember that some classes are full and that some students want the same classes you do. :)
Why did you take a couple of days?

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
Why did you take a couple of days?
Classes I wanted were full I would presume... sometimes students would drop out of a course or move classes and sometimes new classes would open. It is best to keep checking in every now and then. When you're in the timetabling system and you customize the block outs and it becomes worst or you get classes you do not want do not click submit to get a new timetable especially if the old timetable with the classes you were assigned was better. You will know what I mean when the day comes. :)

On a side note hopefully its not like last year where some of us received another student's timetables... I felt like an Engineering student for a day hahaha. :p

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
is it a bad idea to have a 2 day timetable for a commerce student. is this cramming it in too much?

YEMiliee

HSC
Hi all :) Does anyone know what "Shared from [another unit]" means?
e.g.Screen Shot 2014-01-23 at 1.04.39 pm.jpg
Many thanks :D

pHyRe

HSC
2 classes with the same lectures?? no idea, thats weird

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Hi all :) Does anyone know what "Shared from [another unit]" means?
e.g.View attachment 29990
Many thanks :D
For the three asking;

What it means is that you are in that class with people from the subject code it is shared with. So you have class with your people and that other class mentioned there.

For example, I had GEOS1002/GEOS1902 shared lectures and tutes, or shared workshops between different bio subjects.

YEMiliee

HSC
For the three asking;

What it means is that you are in that class with people from the subject code it is shared with. So you have class with your people and that other class mentioned there.

For example, I had GEOS1002/GEOS1902 shared lectures and tutes, or shared workshops between different bio subjects.
Oh i see thanks! Does that mean that both classes merged together such that you only attend e.g. one lecture (which is made up of the 2 shared units)? Because my two classes would clash otherwise?? (if that makes sense :S)

RishBonjour99

HSC
N/A
is it a bad idea to have a 2 day timetable for a commerce student. is this cramming it in too much?
If you want to maximise your learning, I suggest 3 days. 2 days may be too much. I had 3 days last sem (mon, wed, thurs) - thursday was 9am - 7.30pm - not very convenient. But if you manage around 9am-3pm etc for the two days - you should be OK.
Also, there are other classes like 'PASS' that you might want to take - so 3 days is ideal.

Last edited:

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Oh i see thanks! Does that mean that both classes merged together such that you only attend e.g. one lecture (which is made up of the 2 shared units)? Because my two classes would clash otherwise?? (if that makes sense :S)
1002/1902 share the same lecture but each have separate tutorial classes and assignments.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
You will be together for wherever it says merged. But then you may observe on say a tute or something, they are not merged.

And yes it is the same lecture so go to one in the timeslot :p

HOW. HOW 2 DAYS HOW.

DAT 5 day forever :rage:
Hate on meeeee.

I should have 4 days :D

_traveler_

That married guy
HSC
N/A
I personally don't do 2 day timetables. They're not conducive to learning at all. By the time I get home I don't wanna do any readings and on top of that, I end up bludging at home for the other 3 days!

Weeber

HSC
N/A
I personally don't do 2 day timetables. They're not conducive to learning at all. By the time I get home I don't wanna do any readings and on top of that, I end up bludging at home for the other 3 days!
I also try to put a tut/lab on every day of the week to try inhibit procrastination.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)