• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

a late round offer for actuarial studies (1 Viewer)

aus_peter2005

HSC
Hey guys

I have received an offer for commerce at unsw.
my uai is 98.85.
what is my chance of getting a late round offer for applied finance with actuarial ,or economics with actuarial (or any double degree with one being actuarial studies)??

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
congrats on the uai. Your UAI is quite high, I wouldn't rule out a late round offer, but don't get your hopes up as not many offers are made. There's no harm in trying, re-arrange your preferences appropriately.

In the meantime accept Commerce at UNSW before the cut off date, and look at their actuarial major.

aus_peter2005

HSC
thanks Supra

say if I do get into macquarie (such as the bachelor of applied finance with actuarial studies), what is the minimum credit point required for each semester?

Also, are there any compulsory units that I must do in 1st year (like for unsw, you got to do financial accounting if you do commerce or economics)??

THX

hello2004

Also, are there any compulsory units that I must do in 1st year (like for unsw, you got to do financial accounting if you do commerce or economics)??
The structure of the actuarial degree is extremely rigid. In 1st year, you'll all do the exact same subjects whether or not you do a single degree or any double degree excluding law.

If you get in you'll do:

(S1)
ACST151
MATH132
STAT171
ECON110

(S2)
MATH133
ACST211
ECON111
ACCG105
ACST101

Second semester is pretty fukd.

Your UAI is high enough but getting a late round offer is pretty rare. Good luck!

To find out about the content of those courses, you can look here:

http://www.handbook.mq.edu.au/units.php?edition=2008&level=ug

You can also download ACST unit outlines from here:

http://www.acst.mq.edu.au/undergraduate/actuarial_studies_units

Last edited by a moderator:

CloudStrife

HSC
Agreed the structure of the actuarial course is very rigid. But if it's what you want to do then go for it.

aus_peter2005

HSC
thanks for the replies

looking at the 2007 uai cut-off for csp places in the late round, say, for example, the cut-off for Bachelor of applied finance with actuarial studies is 95.30. So if this year's cut off in the late round is similar, does that mean that I will get an offer for sure??

P

pLuvia

The cut off for the late round will surely change most likely increase by one or two points. That said you have a UAI that is much higher than the cut off so your chances of getting a late round offer is quite high.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)