--- A Mini-PIP --- (1 Viewer)

MezOnToast

HSC
Hi guys!
(Its my first post here, wow!)

Anyway, im in year 11 and our teacher has decided to give us a mini-pip to prepare us for next year. It really sucks!

...I've decided on one of two topics to do it on, both of which she has approved, and both of which i found here on bored of studies!

#1: "The biggest positive + negative social influences, according to teenagers Vs Their parents"

#2: " Beer, and the Aussie identity. Why we see it as playing such an integral role in the formation of 'Aussieness' despite it being the same world wide."

Any guidence, tips or help would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Kulazzi

HSC
I think with #2 you should add barbecue and beach to your title so it becomes:

"Beach, Barbecue, and Beer......the Australian identity: Why we see it as playing such an integral role in the formation of 'Aussieness'"

Because:

1) All these are the stereotypical perspectives of Aussies down under and;
2) You are using alliteration which is an effective english technique ;)

I think you should take out the part after "aussieness" because it implies that you are going to search why beer is relevant to other countries worldwide so it's best to keep your idea clear and concise so you don't have to go looking for why beer is important to other countries. Get my drift?

Also, you can bring in how the australian society is today. We are both a multicultural and multifaith society. Some cultures/faiths do not drink beer yet they are still 100% Australian (for example, me ;)). So there are both perspectives on this which you can introduce and argue for each. So in this case: beach, barbecue, and beer are not really necessary in the formation for an Australian identity.

When doing your survey, one of the main questions you can ask is:

"Which of the following below relates to being an Australian?"

._
|_| Being acceptive of others
._
|_| Speak English
._
|_| Having a berbecue
._
|_| Cheering for Australia in any competitive event
._
|_| Going to the beach
._
|_| Drinking beer

These are just off the top off my head but you may want to add in more options to try and argue both sides so you can make reference to this question.

Good luck =)

Last edited:

jessdoit

HSC
Well my vote's on the second one : )
Investigating into the Aussie nature. Couldn't get much funner than that hahah

MezOnToast

HSC
wow i havnt been on this site for ages. i ended up choosing number 2 and yea...it was very interestingand i did ok. thanks for the help guys.

Kulazzi

HSC
No worries. Just remember to choose a variety of people to survey. For example, go down to Market City, you may grab some people there (or even more if your survey is very simple with just multiple choice, ie not short/long answered questions).

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
Kulazzi said:
I think with #2 you should add barbecue and beach to your title so it becomes:

"Beach, Barbecue, and Beer......the Australian identity: Why we see it as playing such an integral role in the formation of 'Aussieness'"

Because:

1) All these are the stereotypical perspectives of Aussies down under and;
2) You are using alliteration which is an effective english technique ;)

I think you should take out the part after "aussieness" because it implies that you are going to search why beer is relevant to other countries worldwide so it's best to keep your idea clear and concise so you don't have to go looking for why beer is important to other countries. Get my drift?

Also, you can bring in how the australian society is today. We are both a multicultural and multifaith society. Some cultures/faiths do not drink beer yet they are still 100% Australian (for example, me ;)). So there are both perspectives on this which you can introduce and argue for each. So in this case: beach, barbecue, and beer are not really necessary in the formation for an Australian identity.

When doing your survey, one of the main questions you can ask is:

"Which of the following below relates to being an Australian?"

._
|_| Being acceptive of others
._
|_| Speak English
._
|_| Having a berbecue
._
|_| Cheering for Australia in any competitive event
._
|_| Going to the beach
._
|_| Drinking beer

These are just off the top off my head but you may want to add in more options to try and argue both sides so you can make reference to this question.

Good luck =)
Kulazzi, you kick arse, girl!

Kulazzi

HSC
Oh, I also thought of something to add to your title while I was driving :p

How about sticking in "Blonde" (or is it "Blond"?) in the title. So it becomes:

"Beach, Beer, Barbecue and Blonde...the Australian identity: Why we see it as playing such an integral role in the formation of 'Aussieness'"

That way it also kind of signifies the sterotypical image of a blonde-haired, blue eyed aussie.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)