a modest proposal (1 Viewer)

jennifch

HSC
N/A
hey,

i was wondering if anyone who did "a modest proposal" by jonathan swift had any idea how it relates to "media" in terms of telling the truth......?

thanks...

Just.Snaz

HSC
Yeah I did it :)

Umm.. doesn't really relate to the media as such, relates more to the government of Ireland at the time.

You'll have to do some research into the context. He was basically using an immense amount of satire to show how ridiculously stupid the government was at the time, having done nothing to help the many beggar and homeless kids.

He was using an immense amount of sarcasm to 'tell the truth' about Ireland's situation and make a remark on the 'true' stupidity of the government.

jennifch

HSC
N/A
yeh, i guess its more about the representation of the truth of the situation through satire.....but im just having issues relating it back to an assignment i have where my text has to link back to the specific issue of the "media"....hmmmm maybe this text isnt the best one to use...? or maybe just the idea of pamphleteering of the essay as a credible form of media... i dont know..

rusty91

HSC
Is "a Modest Proposal" In A Form Of Media (pamphlet) Suitable For Frontline.
Reply Asap Plzzzz!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)