A Norwegian students desperate call for help (1 Viewer)

Marius_2

HSC
Hey

I am this year finishing my bachelor of Business administration at BI - Norwegian School of Business. And i am therefore now looking for progress to a master study.

I have therefore applied to 5 universities in Australia, and three have answered so far i am therefore looking for some guidance from students going in the different universities

My two main competitors are University of Monash: master of international Business and European/international studies 2 years 96 credits. And i really find this course interesting, but at the same time i don't know how Melbourne is. And how is the student activities at Monash i really want to go rowing and getting some social sport. how is the lecturers, etc etc?

My second Option is UNSW this is a Master of commerce (Extension) 2 years 96 credits.
This seems as well very interesting courses, and there looks like being a loot of students sports/club.
I was as well wondering here about lecturers etcetc.

As well i got accepted to Adelaide

I tried choosing out from ranking, didn't work well both Monash UNSW are ranked fairly high and swoop places depend on which ranking you view
Both have the 5 star QS ranking, Booth are a part of "group of 8", Both are AASCB accredited.
Students fee are quiet the same and i get the same kind of economical support from my government so that dosent really matter
i am still awaiting answers from Melbourne and Sydney

Some one here being capable of giving som kind and well appreciated advices ?

best regards
Marius

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
From what I can gather, it's probably best if you look at issue as a lifestyle choice.

In other words, would you rather live in Sydney or Melbourne?

You'll be spending two years in a new country so I would recommend basing your choice on how you want to spend your time in Australia. There are a load of opinion pieces on the internet explaining how culture differs between the two cities so that could be a starting point.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Congratulations on getting the offers!!!

As OzKo said, have a look at the lifestyles of each city. From what I have gathered, both are quite multicultural cities and will most likely have other international students like you at the universities.

From what I have heard, both unis are reputable worldwide, so most likely both choices academically would be great for you.

Also, maybe look at which program you want to do more, which might determine which uni you end up at.

Good Luck!

randomguy777

HSC
N/A
In my opinion and from what I've heard, if you take everything into account I've heard good things about University of Melb. I am based here in Sydney so I know all about UNSW and USYD, they're extremely overrated. I would say ANU and Melb are the only universities worth going to.

cohenill

HSC
N/A
Do you take into considerations scholarship opportunities? If it was me I would consider which school would be more generous to international students too. But then again if you can afford it then lifestyle, faculty, prestige, etc are all more relevant.

I would also consider my employment opportunities when I graduate, in the case that you want to stay and work in Australia, then I assume Sydney has more vacancies?

Kittikhun

HSC
What?! It costs $20 for maccas in Norway?! Interesting. I didn't know that. I could be wrong, but maybe it's done to dissuade Norwegians from eating unhealthy stuff. The Norwegians like doing that thing. I think they even banned children toy commercials on TV to stop advertising companies preying on children and their lack of developed reasoning at that stage.

Marius_2

HSC
Thank for all good comments :)

And yes Norway is one of the most expensive place to live in, so for me the living cost of either Melb or Sydney would most probably be lower regardless of where i go, i think it is only actually Tokyo that can match our cost

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)