A question about the Flexible Entry Scheme (1 Viewer)

AE86

HSC
Hmm, i have applied for EAS and i got a successful application with UNSW.

I'm also selected courses from the engineering faculty

However, USYD sent me a letter saying that i have to apply for some scheme called "Flexible Entry".

The thing i am confused about is the difference between EAS and Flexible Entry Scheme. Are they suppose to be the same thing or different thing?

At the moment, i'm not sure if i am successful for EAS.

Futhermore, i have to write up a small curriculum vitae which i am not very sure about. Am i suppose to write up a small essay about how i did my subjects?

If so, i'm gonna be screwed, english is my worse subject and i can't write up an essay properly. ><

Anyway, thanks in advanced for any replies.

Last edited:

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
i think its just a name that usyd calls their eas scheme o_O

Lainee

HSC
I'm not sure what Flexible Entry is, but I received the EAS letter from USyd and it didn't mention the phrase at all. Some unis have something called Special Admissions Schemes for those who aren't eligible under EAS (like deferred uni for a year or those who are not Yr12 school leavers) but still satisfy some similiar criteria. Maybe you should ring up the admissions center and ask. The phone number is (02) 9351 3615.

As for the CV (curriculum vitae), my best advice would be to google it and look at the general structure and such. A CV is sort of like an extended resume, it's designed to give the employer/or other a snapshot of your skills and experiences. So yes, it may include your performance in the HSC, any extra-curricula activities, any work experiences and personal interests.

jam3s

Radiation Therapist
On soccer fields, In KFC, At uni, At clubs, and in
HSC
N/A
flex entry is just that when u are just below a cut off like 1-3 (i think iam not sure ) they then maby look at ur indivisual subjects to c if ur a right person for that corse for example if u do well in ur science subjects but u failed in english which dragged ur uai below the cut off.

A2RAYA

You've done us proud boys
HSC
wat do we need for the flexible entry to unsw and wat courses is it for?

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
all courses
and wat do u need? too late to apply

A2RAYA

You've done us proud boys
HSC
how does it work for a business course ie b/commerce....how can it be too late to apply for next year

AE86

HSC
hmm i don't think i need it anymore.

i think comp eng only needs 90.00 at UNSW.

I got 92.90, so i think i can get in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)