• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

A question for those doing Immigrant Chronical for Changing Perspective >> (1 Viewer)

GillyBean

I have no notes (of my own, not study guide notes) on 'Chronic Ward' because well, my teacher never did it in class as he believed it had little to do with the area of study, and that it should be or has been pulled from the syllabus. I to this day dont know if this is the truth - although it is in all the study guides so id assume hes wrong.
It's the only one of the poems that i dont know and im not sure if its nessasary for me to learn it. What would you do??

Personally, I agree with your teacher. Chronic Ward seems to be 'the odd one out' of the syllabus poems for Skrzynecki.
You really only need to know two of his poems thoroughly, although having three is a safe bet.
Of course, the more you know and could write about in detail the safer you are, but not studying Chronic Ward wouldn't affect your exam I'd say :)

I find the worst part of the essay to be writing his name! s-k-r-z-y-n-e-c-k-i... I always get it wrong!

Dangar

Well I am only preparing three poems for the exam even tho we did read the others in class, and Im only planning to write about 2 poems in the actual exam... Im doing Migrant Hostel (thats my fave) and 10 Mary Street so i wouldn't waste your time trying to study chronic ward if you know some other ones.

Originally posted by FunkmistrssDina
I find the worst part of the essay to be writing his name! s-k-r-z-y-n-e-c-k-i... I always get it wrong!
Yeah me too but if you say it in two bits it actually rhymes! S k r z y and then n e c k i so that helps me with it, and besides it's going to written on the exam paper anyway.

GillyBean

Wheee! yeah i've done the same as u guys - i plan to know 'Crossing the Red Sea' 'Feliks Skrzynecki' and 'Kornelia Woloszczuk' inside out before the exam - ive got a little way to go yet unfortunately.

I have trouble spelling Skrzynecki right too.... always forget that 'c' for some reason... and 'Woloszczuk' is a doozy.. is that even right?

Roors

HSC
same here...learnt three quite thoroughly...as for the others....
what were they called? :p

Heheh that's the way! I'm going to do Feliks Skrzynecki and Post Card... My third for back-up might be Crossing the Red Sea, except that it's mighty long! I dunno...

My main gripe with the name isn't really the spelling, cause I think I've learnt it by now. It's more about getting the spelling right when I'm writing quickly in the exam!

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
each other AND to question! =P
can't spell kornelia. woloschsolwosldkskkk.. =P
i'm doing post card and red sea..
planning to have have vague dot points for the others (except chronic and k. woloskckskdsfuk)...

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
Originally posted by +:: $i[Q]u3 ::+
each other AND to question! =P
can't spell kornelia. woloschsolwosldkskkk.. =P
i'm doing post card and red sea..
planning to have have vague dot points for the others (except chronic and k. woloskckskdsfuk)...
feck that sucks, i think im gonna use my other sup matt, cuz im finding it pretty hard to link my current ones...but the problem is that my other one is a poem...boy changing perspective sucks

s2ophie

HSC
i'm doing feliks and post card.

and don't worry guys, the spelling of both skryzyenjkhsfdhscki and kornielia wodsdfkjslfdklsjdflskjsck is on the exam paper!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)